The Heaven

Virat~

After speaking to asmi the moment I disconnected the call; I received another one from the bcci office, verbally informing me that my leave were dissolved and now I have to represent India for upcoming New Zealand series. I couldn’t help but inform them that I’ll be there for my country.

Sighing my gaze fell upon our cancelled honeymoon tickets to Germany.

I was utterly gutted knowing what I was doing to asmi; she might be heartbroken knowing I won’t be there with her just after our marriage.

I also had to ask my manger to cancel the reception arrangements back home because I needed to leave as soon as I could to join the team in New Zealand. Somewhere deep down I knew that asmi will understand my situation, she will.

Later, it didn’t take much time for Ma to come in and then it was time.

Time to marry the girl I love.

Asmi~

Waiting anxiously for several minutes it was finally my queue to enter venue. The soft music in the background fell upon my ears and it sent chills up my spine. I just took a deep breath and braced myself for my life’s biggest showdown.

Warmth in the evening air and fresh chilling breeze blew around me when I stepped outside to walk down the aisle towards the beautifully decorated mandap.

My veil along with my hair flew with the air bringing that giddiness in my tummy. The astound eyes and big smiles greeted me as I walked down the aisle.

Then it happened.

Everything suddenly started to make sense when my eyes fell upon that one person who waiting for me at the end of the line.

Virat.

He stood there looking handsome as ever waiting for me; his beige sherwani with a hint of gold and pink complimented him completely.

But, that smile.

That damned smile, fluttered my heart in most amazing ways possible

That damned smile, fluttered my heart in most amazing ways possible. His eyes held so many emotions as took every stop closer towards him; happiness, pride, nervousness, excitement and what not? No kidding, I was feeling the same.

This was finally happening.

Once I was at the threshold of the mandap, virat forwarded his hand for me to take.