The Heartbreaker

"What do I have to do to make you see she can't love you like me" - Sugarland

Asmi~

The person you are trying to reach is not attending any calls at the moment.

Sighing, I decided not to call Virat. I shouldn't call him anyway. He said he was really busy in his team meet and practice. And I should call him only when it's really important.

Today evening is our engagement, important? Maybe not so much.

I groaned loudly earning attention of my colleagues working across my cubicle.

And that's the reason I want a separate cabin. So the goal is . . . promotion.

I pressed my lips and smiled politely just to hide my stupid outburst and continued with my work. But somehow my eyes drifted towards my phone every now and then, checking its screen for some notification from him. I was expecting too much.

It's not like we were in love bubble. This arrangement was purely for our parents. For their happiness. And now my mind was on whirlwind in this process of overthinking. I sighed, taking a few deep breaths getting back to work. Once the clock struck five I got up, leaving the office premises after gathering all my stuff.

It is been a week since we didn't talk to each other properly, virat was aware of this as well. Last time it was him who had planned a movie date and now it seems like we won't be going. We both are so busy in our work that we aren't getting any time for bonding.

A smile crept on my lips when I thought of bonding. We have been friends for a quite a while now. And this marriage was going to change everything.

It was me who was feeling a little insecure these days. Virat's silence and ignorance made me that way. But I had to keep quite, he was the newly appointed captain of the Indian Cricket Team, he had responsibilities. I understood that. Tonight my patience was leaving me, it the night of our engagement for god sakes.

∆∆∆

"I missed you so much sukhu!" I hugged my best friend tightly when I picked her up at the airport.

"Missed you too asmi." She kissed my cheek and we giggled. She lives in Mumbai from last year with her husband.

"Everything alright?" I nodded to her with a small smile.