The Fire

Asmi~

"Woah! That's a lot of shopping." Virat rasped looking at my mountain of gifts. "What did you buy, the entire London?" My lips pursed, how could he say that, I was just trying to be nice to everyone and get them gifts. But this man sitting across me on the floor was infuriating.

"Do you have space in your bags or not?" I murmured coldly filtering the stuff and keeping some of them in mine.

"Okay my butterfly don't be angry, come on give it to me." He forwarded his hand and I gave him some of the gifts mainly, arrav's video games.

"My champ going to be psyched." He chuckled, checking out the video games I got for arav. I grin in excitement. I couldn't wait to see everyone's reaction by now. Virat's phone rang and he excused himself to take a call.

After packing up as we were having night flight the next day, I took out a black and peach coloured Maxy dress for the bonfire party. As I was entering the washroom to change virat called me out.

"I just took a shower, the washroom must be wet , you can um change here, I'll be in the balcony." He murmured while running his hand from his recently trimmed beard, my cheeks heat up but I still managed to nod at him. I changed into the dress quickly when he was outside.

"I am done." I announced and stood in front of the mirror adjusting my dress.

I got conscious looking at the spaghetti straps, I should take a camisole with me later. I made a mental note.

Virat entered in and he was all ready wearing a blue colored Mandarin neck linen shirt with dark denims. He took out a black leather jacket from one his bags and placed it on the bed. He didn't even glance at me, I started to doubt on my dress. I ran my hands over the dress and sighed. I kept my wavy curls open hoping they would keep me less conscious about the spaghetti straps. I flipped my hair in one side and checked, nope. I tried them on the other side, still no. I huffed and let them fall in front.

Virat was sitting on the bed typing away something furiously. My breathing hitched when our eyes met through the mirror. I looked away to pick up the Kohl stick and started apply some in my eyes. I swoop my forefinger under my eyelids one by one just to remove the excess amount of kohl. I dabbed some red colored lip gloss over my lips and I was ready.

"You don't do make up, do you?" I was startled when virat whispered in my ears standing behind me. His scorching hot breath hit under my ear, hair on my neck stood up. It made me shiver when his strong arms wrapped around my belly and rested his chin on my shoulder, my almost bare shoulder.

"Um. I don't like it much." I whispered lowly, because of this physical contact I was getting out of words and out of breath. I took a deep breath when he lifted his chin but it caught again when he turned me around to face him.

"Good. Because, you are already so beautiful, you don't need it." I blushed to beet root, when his lips kissed my cheek. I bit insides of lips to suppress that shameless smile. Then me leaned in, uh-oh! Was he going to kiss me? But my lip gloss will smudge.

In a second my hands went on his chest to stop me but my palms immediately weakened when they felt his heartbeat, it was wild.

God.

"Virat." My shaky voice whispered out.

"That what happens when you are close." His husky voice echoed in my ears. My palms fisted on his shirt when he kissed underneath my earlobe. I could still feel his heartbeats which were just racing around.