The Flashback

Asmi~

Flashback~

I was in office typing furiously on my laptop reporting a high priority bug to the developer when mumma called me.

"Hey what's up!" I spoke hurriedly still typing using one hand before I forget the steps.

"Are pillu, you need to come home soon today?"

That made me stop whatever I was typing and pay attention to her voice, "why momma? I am quite busy today. " I tried to make her understand but I knew it was no use when it came to my stubborn mom.

"Please try na, this one time. It's very important. "

I sighed, "okay but tell at least tell me, what is it?"

"No, you just come home soon."

"Yes mother." I sighed in defeat.

I tried to wrap up my work and told my senior that I was leaving earlier that day. He agreed and I left for home. After reaching almost at five in the evening mumma squealed in joy and hugged me when I was at the door, about to enter the house.

"Why am I early home today?" I asked and all I got a grin plastered on her face.

Okay she was up to no good.

"What's going going on in that brilliant brain of yours?" I asked as I narrowed my eyes at her.

She smiled, "pillu , go to your room and wear the dress I got for you. We are having a party."

"A party?" I asked in disbelief.

"Oho, no more questions now, just go to your room and change then you'll find out the rest."

"Alright, alright I am leaving. " I sighed and marched towards my room. There on my bed I saw a beautiful pearl colored dress. I smiled while holding the dress on my body looking in the mirror. But its kind of traditional dress and mom said its a party.

I shrugged at the thought, took a shower, dried myself and got ready quickly. Then I realized my iPhone was buzzing. When I neared to see the ID my eyes widen.

Virat Almighty.

He hadn't called or texted me in days. He was in australia for his t20 tour. As I was about to pick up the call, it got disconnected. I scoffed and called him back but he didn't pick up that time. I sighed and strode to kitchen to see mumma. When I was about to approach her the door bell went off.

While adjusting my dupatta and fumbling a bit on the way, I opened the door.

"Asmi beta!" there stood Saroj aunty squealing my name and bright me closer to bring my in an unexpected hug. Three was chetna bhabi grinning beside us. I was completely confused.

What on earth they are doing here?

"Aunty." I could barely whisper as I was still in shock. Later on I moved aside to let them in.

"How are you asmi?" Chetna bhabi asked while standing at the corridor.

"I'm alright." I replied which million questions running in my mind.

When both were inside the house, "are wait, my putter is coming. He is parking the car."

What?