Getaway

You may not be pushing me away but you are not fighting to keep me either (I think my heart just broke a little)

My head spun knowing he wanted me there in west indies, with him.

What the hell!

For possible reason he would want that?

Fuck my life.

When I saw Saroj mom giving me that hopeful puppy eyes I mumbled, "I'll try." And soon after chatting and playing with virat's cute nephew aarav, I left bidding my goodbye, well of course not to that one person.

While drafting a few emails on my laptop at my home, I didn't seem to think to anything, my fingers hovered over the keyboard but I couldn't draft a single sentence. Because I was fucking disturbed. Just then my iPhone beeped with a notification.

Virat almighty — Hey I bought bluray of Black panther, Thor Ragnarok and Avengers, I know you wanted to watch it so badly. Come over tomorrow afternoon, we will watch together.

I took a sharp breath but it didn't seem to help in keeping myself calm. So I typed away,

NO! I don't want to. Ask your girlfriend.

Hitting send, I regretted it immediately. I sounded too harsh. Groaning at my own self, I got from my bed so damn bothered knowing virat hadn't replied yet; I grabbed the new book I bought Chasing Red and entered my rooftop garden.

I was done with a few chapters and was really into the story when I heard faint sound of my mumma's anklets. I sighed and lifted my head just to see her in front of me. I gave her a small smile and closed off the book by using a small dried leaf as my bookmark.

Mumma looked at me with pure adoration and sat beside me on the large swing. Her hand reached for my face and brushed away some hair strands behind my ear, "why aren't you wearing ear rings. You look prettier in those gold ones."

I huffed at her statement, "after office that gets uncomfortable mumma." A small smile creep up on my lips when I hard my mother chuckle beside me.

"I am sorry, pillu." My heart jumped at those words as I looked at her dumbfound.

"Why are you sorry?"