The Try

Asmi~

Check mate.

I glared at my phone screen when I disconnected the call with mumma. It was text from virat and I was already upset.

I felt helpless and wanting to cry my heart out. Tears kept spilling when I took bus back to the hotel. I had to pack my stuff and move to this small house near my office. Once I was done; I got between the covers of the giant bed and took my iPhone out.

Debating to do it or not, I finally decided to do it.

I decided to call virat.

Virat~

I was fucking ecstatic when we won the series against west indies with a large margin. And this kept us top on ICC test team ranking. After the celebration I got to know we will be leaving for india the very next day.

I checked notifications on my phone and there was no message from asmi. I sighed in an attempt to calm myself down; she was testing me now. But I had played my part by convincing asmi's mom that asmi was ready to marry me and we had sorted out our differences.

Being in victory mode I also sent an smug text to asmi.

---

In middle of the night I woke up to the sound of my iPhone buzzing. Groaning I reached for it sensing it must be ma calling me. But just then I had to rub my eyes just to  make sure I had read the caller id correctly in first place.

Asmi

My heart skipped a beat and I quickly answered the call. I didn't say anything, I know myself what to but I just wanted to hear her voice. Happy voice.

"Hello?" It was her; I knew and I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Asmi?" I called her our just to hear her deep breaths.

"Why are you doing this virat?" She asked; she was clearly upset. I closed my eyes and I knew I had to be stubborn to get her back.

Even if she liked it or not.

"Because I love you asmi; I think have made myself clear quite a lot of times now."

"You didn't even give me a chance , virat." Her voice so small, I could feel her curling in herself like a kitten.

I wanted to hold her close and never let go.

"I know baby, but I am sorry. I don't want to let you go. I love you." I spoke my heart out and her response just made me even more guilty.

"It's really hard to believe. But what you did was wrong. You have no idea how much I had to convince mumma to give me this chance. I wanted to think through. And messed it." She was pissed I could sense from the sharpness in her voice. Now, my patience was also loosing.

"I didn't mess anything. I am trying to make things right now. And looks like you just want to get out of this marriage." I bit out her attitude was annoying me a little.

"You are right. I might not want to get married after all because your actions are hurting me. And that's making me rethink everything."

I sighed at her helpless voice, "Asmi, I don't want to hurt you." She fell silent and didn't say anything for a while. This silence was nice and sound of her breaths were somehow calming.

"What do you want from me?" The sleep was long gone. So was my patience. I needed to know what she was expecting from me.

"You very well know what I want." Asmi was quick to response. Before I could say anything further she trailed off, "I wanted time to think things through."

"No one is asking you to marry right away; we have time asmi." She sighed and let out a small hmm. So I trailed off, "I am getting loss of words now. But I know that; we should try this." I whispered back and waited for her to respond.

"Do you think that will work?" She small voice asked, and I smiled at the little ray hope.

"Honestly, I do not know. But I am willing to try."

Asmi made a meow like sound, "virat?"

"Yes, love?"

"Okay, let's try." I released the breath I was holding. Damn, she actually agreed. I pump fisted in the air silently and let out a hmmm.

"Thanks baby." I wanted to grab her beautiful face and kiss her senseless. But I had no choice but sigh at it.

Later on I trailed off completely unaware it will bit me back soon after, "about what you might have saw on the internet, well—"

"I do not want to talk about it virat. Things like this really upset me and you keep on doing it."

"Asmi no, honey." She did not let me speak as well.

"It makes me very confused, virat. Really. Please tell this last time, do you still think about her?" She asked like a finality.

"I can't think about anything else because it's always you in my thoughts." I confessed listening to that small gasp out of her. I like the effect I had on my love. It boosted my ego somehow.

"What about your heart?" See asked breaking my thoughts.

I shook my head, "I cannot function anymore because I have given it to you." I wished she would believe me but I had a long way to go.

"I don't want you to be cheesy right now." She murmured making me chuckle, "I want you to be totally honest with me."

"This is me being honest. What more do you want?" I started off feeling a bit frustrated at the situation. "I have told your mother as well veronica is nothing to me."

"Virat, you could have told me rather than mumma."

"How would I? You asked me not to contact so I had to do it. You left me no choice."

A sigh broke off her lips, "hmm."

"Let's try this. Lets start off fresh. If you still think we shouldn't be together then I'll be by your side supporting your decision. You have my word. "

"You won't back out right?" I fell silent, she didn't trust me. "You are literally making me hate you with that mum."

"Believe me. I love you, asmi I really do." I heard her sniffled, my heart broke when I realized my girl was sobbing silently.

"Please don't cry baby. I don't want you to cry."

"I want to listen to you virat."

"Please listen to me this time." I pleaded.

"Okay let's try this and if you back out, I'll kick you."

I chuckled, "liar. You'd rather kiss me."

*********
Short and simple
*********