thirty three

Upon making it back to the cafe I rushed towards the backdoor, ignoring the confused faces of customers who were sipping their drinks and eating various bakery food. 

"Tae-!" I could hear his voice call my name but he was the last person I wanted to be with right now. A hand came up to wipe a hot tear that ran down my cheek. Out of the cafe I took a moment to let a sob escape my lips, my hands on my knees, my back against the wall as more fat tears covered my face. With my eyes shut tight and my bangs hanging before them I held my bottom lip tightly between my teeth. 

Everytime I moved a wave of sharp pain in my back would cause recent events to come crawling back into my brain, replaying over and over like a movie on reply. 

A gasp left my lip, tears mixed with sweat dripping down my lips where I could taste the saltiness and falling from my chin.

The need to breakdown and just bawl my eyes out were high, the emotions all rushing onto at once until I was gasping for air. My body ached, my heart ached and it felt as if the world had been against me this entire time. 

I tilted my head back until it banged against the brick wall causing a sharp pain to invade my scalp. I didn't care, the physical pain was easier to handle then the turmoil in my head. 

"W-why me..? Why me?" I choked the question out into the open blue sky that seemed to continue the day while it seemed my entire world had broken. 

It seemed I couldn't get enough into my lungs as I tried to gulp the lump in my throat. My hands were shaking and I slowly lifted them, through my teary eyes noticing the slight discoloration on my wrist and up my arm.

Memories flashed through my mind once more and I had the urge to vomit. 

It was disgusting looking at myself like this, it was disgusting, I was disgusting for letting him do this to me.

My hands rubbed angirily at the bruises hoping they'de erase, hoping this was all just a nightmare, but it was real and nothing could change what happened. 

"Ah!" I screamed, from frustration, from anger, from pain, from everything. It left my throat raw, left me gaspng for air as the tears finally came in a waterfall, and my body lurched forward to empty anything I had in my stomach, not being much. I vomited up everything, everything I possibly felt until the bile stung my already raw throat. 

My vision become blurry, I found it hard to breathe, my head felt heavy as if I had just spinning. 

I felt my fingertips brush against the wall to support myself before falling forward and everything going black.

  •••