nineteen

It was finally Sunday and I was happy to have a day off. After two weeks of continues work at the café I felt like a zombie, simply treading on my feet and having no knowledge of what was happening around me.

I shouldn't be one to complain though. Jungkook was in a much worse situation than I was and he probably did most of the work anyway. He would always be there to take up my chores when I wanted a minute alone with Jimin not to mention taking caring of and closing the café the night we went out, something I usually did after mopping and sweeping.

Having come home to the worst case scenario possible had me mentally drained from last nights events.

Rubbing at my temple I shifted on the bed, the sunlight that was streaming in from the window hitting me in the face causing for me to sleep uncomfortably. It wasn't until someone's arm wrapped loosely around my waist did I realize that I was not sleeping alone.

I peaked my eyes open to see Jungkook fast asleep, his eyes furrowed slightly as if he was deep in thought and his lips slightly parted. He looked adorable and it was a pleasant sight to see after his heart broken appearance hours before.

Deciding it was time for me to get up, I shifted off the bed and stretched, my feet padding against the carpeted floor towards the bathroom.

"B-Be careful Taehyung." The voice that spoke was hoarse and struggling to get the words out. My hand twisted the doorknob but I stopped to turn and look back at Jungkook. His eyes were open just slightly and you could see how red they were. This was the second time he had told me these words and I still didn't know what to make of them. Jimin wasn't as bad as Jungkook was making him seem, but then again if he was warning me then there must be something he knew. But what?

"Why?"

"J-Jimin. It's Sunday, you invited him over earlier this week. Be careful." His answer was vague but it made me frown. I had totally forgotten about our plans until now.

The boy didn't say more instead turning the other way and pulling the covers over himself.

"Jungkook. You can't expect me to take your warnings seriously unless I know the reason behind them." He didn't move completely ignoring me. "And if you're not gonna tell me then please stop making Jimin seem like a bad guy. He's not."

"You don't know him!" The covers finally came off and the younger boy sat up looking directly at me, saying the words through clenched teeth, his eyes filled with anger.

"What don't I know Jungkook?" This was the most I had gotten him to speak up about this topic considering whenever I'd bring Jimin up he'd change the conversation to something else.

"Everything." The boy emphasized the word getting off the bed and running a hand through his hair as if in distress. "Everything."

"Then stop hiding it and tell me." He momentarily stopped what he was doing to look at me, opening his mouth before closing it again.

"I-I can't. You wouldn't believe me." I tilted my head in confusion as the younger slowly crept towards me, his entire body screaming exhaustion.

"Why wouldn't I? You're my best friend." He stood directly in front me locking eyes as he spoke the next words.

"Because Taehyung....Jimin is a very good manipulator."

•••

a/n: this is lengthy sorry ;-;

I realize this story is meant to have daily updates but I hope you guys don't mind if I miss a day or two. you know how life is unexpected and all. Was lowkey <high key> freaking out a but yesterday cause I hadn't updated and I know you guys were waiting for what happens next and I just felt bad. .....which in return the stress made me have a really bad migraine and I ended up going to bed early :/

But hope this makes it for it!

Lots of love xx