thirty two

I couldn't feel anything. I was numb, shocked. My expression remained motionless as Jungkook dragged me to his car, opened the door, and buckled me in.

The drive seemed endless, an eternity stretched out where there was nothing to hope for at the end.

Jungkook's soft whimpers and sobs could be heard but I didn't understand why he was the one crying.

"T-Taehyung, please say something.." The boys choked pleas rang in my ears and hummed in my brain. My turned to the side to momintarily look out the window at the world wizzing by...but I couldn't see it. I couldn't feel myself moving, like I was at a standhill.

What was I supposed to say....there was nothing left...

The car ride continued, endless, in which the two of us cried over someone that wasn't worth crying over.

When I didn't respond Jungkook angrily punched the steering wheel of the car, his jaw clenched tight as he tried to surpress the tears running down his cheeks. 

"I'm sorry Tae...I-I'm so sorry..." His words were heartbreaking making everything seem so much more real. 

"S-Sorry won't fix anything.." My voice was hoarse, strained, and I gulped. 

I couldn't feel the emotions, I didn't cry like Jungkook, it didn't feel like I was existing yet, but when I did knew it was going to hit hard, and I don't think I would be able to handle it.

•••