twenty seven . seven

My mind was a mess, my breathing coming quicker, and my heart heavy. 

Jungkook.

Jimin.

Even Yoongi.

They all lied to me, stabbed me in the back by playing some ridiculous game. 

My eyes burned and tears threatened to spill but I wouldn't let them. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat just as I heard the front door open. 

I didn't have time to think let alone act just as Jungkook appeared holding a few bags of various items. He didn't notice me as I stood frozen, instead placing the bags on the kitchen counter before finally turning to me. 

His phone was still in my hand, my grip tight on the electronic as a surge of anger washed over me at the person I considered a younger brother. 

Jungkook looked at me confused seeing his phone in my hand before his eyes widened slightly, his gaze meeting mine.

"How could you..."

"T-Taehyung, I can explain.."

"Explain? Explain how you were meeting my boyrfriend behind my back? Explain how you still love him and are trying to break us up so you can have him back again? Explain how you've been lying and deceiving me this entire time?" My voice grew louder and louder as I shouted at him, my chin trembling and my eyes blurry with the tears. It was like my heart was breaking into pieces at every word I spoke. 

Jungkook stood stunned not knowing what to say, his tongue poking against the inside of his cheek as I went off on him. 

"Tae, please calm down. Let me tell you the story atleast..." He pleaded his eyes locked on mine.

"Don't even bother. I'm not listening to anything you say anymore. Everything was a lie, you're a liar!" Jungkook's hand scratched the back of his neck. As much as he wanted to feel guilty right now, he didn't. 

My eyes suddenly widened as a thought occurred to me.

"Oh my god..." Jungkook, who had was looking down gazed up at me. "Cherries, those hickeys you would get on your neck....they were from Jimin weren't they?" In that moment I saw guilt flash in Jungkook's eyes for the first time. If Jimin had been giving Jungkook love bites it was no doubt they've probably done other things too. Finally I couldn't hold the pain I felt anymore as I let out a choked sob and hot tears slid down my cheeks. My knees buckled and I kneeled to the ground letting my body overcome with sorrow of betrayal from everyone I had trusted. 

"Tae!" Jungkook rushed to my side, his hand rubbed my back in a gentle gesture.

"When...when we kissed....h-he tasted like cherries..."  I choked out everything suddenly making sense now. Jungkook's wierd disappearences, the way he acted when Jimin first came into the cafe,  the constant warnings he would give, it was all there. I was just to oblivious to see it.

"He uses cherry chapstick." Jungkook murmured not at all making the situation better. My tear stained face looked at him and I pushed him slightly as I crawled away from him. 

"I hate you."  Jungkook looked pained at the entire situation once again coming close to me making me move further away. "Don't come near me." 

"Taehyung I wanted to tell you, I'm sorry I didn't know how to." The younger boy's voice cracked and his eyes shined as if he too was about to cry. 

"How long?" Was my only question. Jungkook locked eyes with mine, his gaze looking faded out as if he was talking to himself. 

Jungkook was a person who I found strong, who I had never seen cry for any situation. Now however it didn't seem like that.

"From the beginning Taehyung," and with those words a single tear slipped from his left eye, his eyelashes fluttering slightly.

•••

a/n: aww :(