twelve . seven

I was seated behind the counter my fingers tapping against the glass display and my heart heavy with anxiousness. An hour had passed and still no Jimin. I was starting to doubt everything that had happened up to this point and was taking note of the words Jungkook had told me.

I wasn't much of a crier but right now I wish tears would spill from my eyes so my heart wouldn't have so much aching pressure on it.

•••

Jungkook was busy and I had my head down, my eyes drooping as I forced them to stay open.

In my struggle I caught the faint whiff of something. Roses? No, it was something more bitter yet still sweet to smell. I picked up my head to see a few red tulips had been placed in front of me.  I sat upright and took one of the flowers admiring its color and smell a smile forming on my lips.

"I hope this makes up for being late." A gentle voice disrupts my trance and I look up to lock eyes with the person I've been waiting for all this time.

"Jimin."  The blonde gives a small smile, his lips looking noticeably pink and his blonde hair styled to the side. He wore a simple black V-neck that had me biting my lip. I never realized he was so muscular. A jeans jacket was worn over his shirt and leather pants that hugged every curve of his legs and damn I didn't realize I'd love someone's thighs so much.

His whole appearance had my mouth watering and I looked beyond average compared to him in just a striped black and white sweater and regular jeans.

Although I was glad he was here safe and sound, it didn't excuse the last hour of torture he put me through so I decided to play with him a little.

My smile faded to a frown as I crossed my arms and tried to seem angry.

"Care to explain why you're so late?" I kept my voice stern and Jimin seemed taken aback a little.

"I'm so sorry. A friend of mine wasn't in the best mental state and I didn't want to leave him at his lowest. He's better now and in good hands....and I knew you'd be disappointed in me for being late so I decided to get some flowers for you. I'm sorry they're not roses. The shop ran short just when I came in. I hope you like tulips."  With every word the boy spoke my heart only seemed to soften more and more.

"Aww, you got these so I wouldn't be mad at you?  That's so sweet!" My face lit up as I now hugged the single tulip to my chest before picking up the other few and also holding onto them.

"Well, if that's cleared up. Taehyung, may I have the honor?" Jimin held out his hand across the counter and I happily took it, my larger one wrapping perfectly around his smaller one.

I glanced at Jungkook and he just nodded but with a grim expression as Jimin led me from behind the counter to an empty table.

He even held out the chair for me to sit.

The only thought in my mind was how could this possibly go wrong?

•••

a/n: special thanks to all you lovely readers for 350+ reads and 100+ votes! You guys are amazing! And also ranking #488 in short story? That's beyond amazing! So grateful for every one of you.

lots of love xx ash