Chapter. 72 Wedding

"Christi, you're stunning." My mother said teary eyed. I nervously run my hands down the white fabric, I turn to my best friend Sarah, "I agree with your mom, Christi your radiant!"

I turn fully back to the 3 sided mirror in front of me, I see a woman dressed in all white. She looked beautiful, it took me a few minutes for me to fully wrap my head around that this was me. I was getting married! I turn at different angles to look at the dress. The long soft satin fabric clung tight to my lean curves of my body and flared at the thigh length with delicate lace, with delicate pearls that decorated the heart shape of the bust line down my stomach. Then atop of my head sat a beautiful veil that matched the lace pattern of the dress.

"I-I...this is me?" I muttered. I was in absolute shock of this reality.

"Of course it is sweetie." my mother chuckled and came to stand next to me. She rested a comforting motherly hand on my arm, "I know it's a lot to take in, I still do remember my wedding. darling I was a nervous wreck."

"Mom how is this story supposed to help my own nerves?"

"Because, as much of a nervous wreck I was and no matter how many shots of tequila I did to calm myself." Sarah and I exchanged looks at the information. "it all didn't matter in the end. As soon as I stepped in to that isle and I saw your fathers smile, it all melted away. because when you're in love. You're entire world melts and molds around them."

I was taken back by my mothers wisdom and the love that was clear on her face when she spoke of that day. I wanted to look back on tomorrow and have my own daughter see what I saw today. I smile and lean down to hug my mother, "thank you mom. I needed that."

"You're welcome sweetie, that's what mothers are for."

Suddenly a flash back of a dream in the past that Billy Black had showed me my future with Jacob, a certain face of a young girl came into mind. I couldn't help but smile, I reach a hand down to my stomach and thought, "one day."

"Okay guys, I think it's time to get me out of the dress. Or other wise we'll never get anything else done." I said, Sarah came and unbuttoned the dresses tight knitted buttons. I stepped out of the dress with my mothers help.

I changed into my normal clothing and put away my wedding dress into my closet.

"Okay. Sarah really quick! Try on the bridesmaids dresses I picked out!" I reached into the closet and grabbed the bag.

"Size 4?" Sarah questioned eyeing the bag.

"Am I not your best friend?"

Sarah smiled and hurriedly took the bag in excitement. One thing I liked about shopping with Sarah was she changed quick. Few minutes tops she came out and modeled the dress. It was a soft pale pink fabric that twisted beautifully across the breast area and then flowed out to the bottom of the dress that stopped at the knee, complimented with a nice white pump heel.

"Oh, my god! I love this dress Christi!" Sarah smiled at her reflection and turned and spun in awe. I smiled enjoying that she liked it. I wanted all my bridesmaids to feel beautiful and comfortable in the wedding.

"I'm glad you like it! I wanted something just as beautiful, classy, and something that everyone would feel comfortable in."

"Haha!" mother laughed catching our attention, "all your bridesmaids are models! I had to have your fathers sister in my wedding! tell you what, that woman was a looker....not in the good way." Mother's eyes looked distant in the memory and scrunched her nose.