Chapter.49

Hey Everyone,

Thank you so much for all the reads and comments last chapter. I know one among you have been waiting for this chapter forever, so that's why I dedicate this chapter to Shayna88. Thank you so much, you always make me feel awesome about my work, and you give me good ideas for this story. I hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacob's POV:

"You can't possibly think that… No… Jacob… No." She clutched at her shirt with desperation.

What the hell else was I supposed to think? The card clearly said My Christi. Who the hell would write that? Only a lover – only a fucking lover! But the flowers were only half the reason I was pissed, I had to fucking find out through Sam's thoughts about what had happened the night I got hurt.  How could she do that to me, to us? Didn't our relationship mean anything to her? Hadn't I proven to her time and time again just how devoted I was to her and to us? I was sick to my stomach, my food threatening to come up as I looked at the flowers and then at Christi's horrified expression.

I couldn't – I wouldn't let her break me down like this, come on Jacob Black you are much stronger than this. I stood up and squared my shoulders looking her straight in the eyes.

"Fuck Christi! The flowers are only part of this, you never told me about the fucking bloodline with you and the first shape shifter." I yelled..

She took another step back from me, which only made me angrier. What – did she honestly think I was going to hurt her? Didn't she know me at all? I fucking bled for her and now, she was recoiling from me like a scared child, like – someone who was afraid of being hit. I felt my body tremble, the wolf ready to explode out in anger. Keep it together Jake, come on!

"No, that's... I couldn't tell you. I was scared." Her voice was shaking.

"Like hell!" I grabbed the pillow from the couch to put my anger in something, and tore it into shreds.. "You're treating me like a no body! You could have told me! I've taken so many risks telling you the truth about me and what I am! I trusted you." I was so angry I could spit.

She backed up into the door frame and stood there wide eyed staring at me.

"Jacob please." What the fuck was that supposed to mean? Her eyes misted over. "Please don't."

She is the one that fucking lied to me and is fooling around on me and now she's crying? God I wanted to grab her and hold her – but I couldn't, how could she do this? I still couldn't believe it was true.

"I- I was scared. Because I didn't know what it meant about me! I didn't want to accept what I was, maybe a fucking freak!." She said in a small shaky voice.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I spat out. Did she lie to me about how comfortable she was with me and who I am? Did she think I was a freak? God that fucking hurt..

Did she honestly think she could trick me and make me think that was true? The evidence was plain as day, she had never accepted me – the fucking smooth words – it was there right the fuck in front of us both, how in the hell couldn't it be anything other than the obvious.

"I – I can't tell you more Jacob, I-I was scared. I am scared. For myself, for you..." She collapsed to her knees, clutching to the doorframe. "The flowers came to me at work, I didn't know they weren't from you – god is my witness – I thought they were from you." Tears spilled over her cheeks. "I would never – ever cheat on you. How could you think that?" She sobbed into the doorframe.

I growled with anger, at myself mostly for being such a stupid idiot and jumping to conclusions, how could I hurt her like that? And I was pissed at the fucking flowers. I grabbed the vase and charged out of the kitchen, I opened the front door and threw the goddamn vase outside, it landed somewhere in the darkness and shattered loudly. Who fucking cares! I slammed the door behind me, I heard a loud crack. I look behind me and the door was cracked from the door knob up. I felt more fire rise in my blood, the heat sparking flames against my spine. A loud snarl escaped past my lips as I tore through my human skin to the beast inside me. I needed to run, to think clearer. I didn't want to hurt Christi.

I whimpered as I saw the memory of her crying against the door frame.

Jacob wanted to run back and comfort my mate... But the wolf inside, needed to escape.

The black night was the safe home that my wolf had longed for. The dirt underneath my paws, the twigs catching at my fur as I ran, I could hear the creatures scurry in fright as I passed. I could smell the dampness of the soil from the fresh rain. My animal instincts were pumping through my veins like some drug. I was on the high, I had missed this too long. The warm air filling my lungs with each long stride. I ran, all I remember was running the feeling of never wanting to stop. Then a sweet disgustingly smell filled my nostrils.

I came to an automatic stop sniffing the air around me to pick in which direction the smell was leading to. South?

Panic filled me, that fucking leech was out here and I left Christi alone! Fuck Jacob you idiot.

I howled to get attention of the pack, but nothing came. I couldn't hear any of the packs mind. I pushed myself faster than I had ever pushed my legs to go, they were burning. The fucking leeches trail got stronger and I winced at the intensity, but all I could think of was Christi.

I came to a clearing finally, to see the trail led back to my house. My heart dropped onto the floor and shattered in thousand pieces when I saw the front door open and not a single light in the house, I scanned the area to keep following the scent but it ended at the house. I shifted quickly into my human form. In panic I ran into the house; empty.

"Christi! Please tell me that you're here!" I yelled out. I threw open the bedroom door, the bed was empty. I was going to lose my dinner, I was so defenseless. I knotted my hands into my hair. How could I let this happen.. "Fuck!!!" I cried out and punched the wall, my hands instantly breaking through the hard surface. I ran outside, maybe they weren't far behind.

"Christi!!" I screamed out, but I knew it only fell into the nights silence.

I dropped to my knees, I felt the hot sting of fresh tears spill over. I had one job, one reason of my existence that was to protect Christi, the woman I loved more than life itself and I failed. I screamed my panic and fear to the night air.

"I'm so sorry Christi." I whispered through tears. "I'm so sorry."

"I'll find you I promise Christi." I said, I pushed my anger towards this son of a bitch of a leech and shifted. I howled loudly, he's a dead man...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENT what you THINK!

sorry it was so short lol

-love you all

Zoey