Chapter.57

My thoughts drifted into dreamland, I was standing in the middle of a beautiful meadow. Flowers of purple, gold and red spread out before me. I walked barefooted across the soft grass relishing in the feel of the warm wind against my face and the cool soft grass between my toes.

There a familiar large eagle was perched on a far mountaintop. Whispered voices on the wind welcomed me softly.

Cuevo Ponchar, I heard in the distance. The eagle once again, as it had before morphed into the familiar face of Jacob's father.

"You have brought me much happiness." His deep voice was a soothing lullaby. "Your trials have been many and you have endured many hardships, but know there is a purpose for all."

"What purpose is that?" I was surprised to hear the sound of my voice.

I stopped to place my hand over my mouth in awe. Billy laughed gently in the background.

"You seem surprised cuevo ponchar." He smiled a sweet familiar warm smile. Jacob's smile, only now I could see where Jacob got that beautiful attribute.

"I can speak." I said with awe.

"I would certainly hope so." He laughed a deep booming laugh.

"No – I mean, last time…"

"Last time you were meant to listen, not speak." He interrupted.

"And this time?" I asked.

"This time we speak together. Come." He put his arm around me and led me forward.

We walked in silence through the meadow, he led me through the thick forest until we reached its edge. There grass turned to sand, the waves crashed upon the shore loudly as seagulls whined above us. The cool sand tickled between my toes as we continued walking.

"Never come to the beach alone." He broke the silence.

I looked at him with confusion. Why would he say that?

"It's not safe as long and they are out there." His eyes took on a deep sinister glare as he looked out past the crashing waves.

"Who?" I asked.

"The evil one's." He elongated his words. "My son will keep you safe cuevo ponchar. Do not fear." He smiled at me warmly.

"Calin."

 I felt my body shudder at the thought of more leeches like Calin, but then warmth spread as quick as the shudder had came. Jacob will keep me safe.

"Yes." He huffed with frustration. " Filth!" He spat out, his brow tightly knit together, his face bore a sinister scowl.

Come home now Billy. The voices on the wind sang out softly.

"I must leave now." He sighed deeply. He then lifted his head to the sky. "Be patient!" He called out and took my hand.

A sudden gush of wind blinded me, I shook my head disoriented and tried to regain my focus. Billy's hand gently squeezed mine. The haze lifted and finally I saw a beautiful clear stream before me. Billy led me until we were at its edge.

"Look." He said softly.

I looked down into shiny, calm water and was greeted by two familiar reflections. Billy stood tall and proud next to me. His warm smile filled my heart with joy. I stared at his face, it was amazing how like Jacob's it really was. My eyes widened with awe as I saw his silver hair darken before my eyes, time and wrinkles erased instantly, the harsh lines of his face smoothed to reveal Jacob's beautiful face. Jacob's huge grin reflected off of the water proudly.