Chapter 20.

::CHRISTI'S POV::

The line disconnected. Butterflies assaulted my stomach, I was so happy to get to see he him again. I quickly got up pulled my towel back on. I ran to the bathroom and cleaned myself up, shaving my legs. I looked into the mirror, my hair was in it's natural curly auburn loose curls, and my face was slightly still blotchy and red. Yes, I was crying over Jacob's absence. I don't know that came over me,  I was laying there in bed thinking of his absence, and what we'd be doing if he was there and I couldn't help the tears, but push those thought's aside because Jake's headed over now! I quickly splashed cold water on my face, ran into my room. Hmm, I don't know that to wear?

I didn't know if clothes or if another sexy nighty? It was pretty late, so I decided to go with a silky beige night gown that had a short robe to match. It was pretty, and girly, spaghetti strapped, short barely to mid-thigh, with lace around the deep neckline. I pulled off the old bed sheets and threw them into the dirty hamper, I quickly replaced them with new clean sheets, making sure to fluff each pillow.

I went out to the living room and decided to make things a little more romantic tonight. I was in the romantic kind of mood, I hope he would appreciate the effort and not think it was stupid and girly. I lit several candles in the living room and my bedroom followed by two sticks of Nag Champa incense which placed in either room. The whole house smelled of sweet, vanilla and musky spice. Kind of reminded me of how Jacob and I smelled when we were together.

I paused for a moment and looked around. I think a nice massage session would be just the thing we both needed to relax. Besides, anything to touch Jacob's naked body was a good thing in my book.

I turned on a table fountain in my bedroom, I never told Jacob I used to be a masseuse. I hope he would be surprised. I went into my closet and retrieved my bag of massage oils. I placed them on the night stand along with a couple towels. I draped a folded sheet halfway over the bedspread. I looked through my collection of CD's and pulled out one that had soothing Native American melodies, I loved the howling wolves in the back ground, so relaxing and calming. I know it's probably super cheesy, with him being native American, but maybe, just maybe, he might appreciate the effort.

The door bell rang just as I put in the CD in the player. I quickly snapped the lip shut down and ran to the door. I opened the door hesitantly, I didn't want the neighbors to see me in a sexy nighty.

"Hey, beautiful?" His greeting came out as more of a question, probably wondering why I'm hiding behind the cracked door.

"Come in here, I don't want the neighbors to see me." I whispered, as if they could hear me.

He walked in hesitantly and looked around the room as I close the door. He turned to face me with a huge smile.

"Hello sexy, beautiful lady, uh, do you know where my girlfriend is? Because all I see here is a beautiful temptress." He smiled a huge grin, my grin.

"Hmm....I think she went off somewhere far away, I think you're stuck here with me for the night. But shhh, let's not tell your little girlfriend." I winked.

"Come here beautiful." He chuckled pulling me into his arms and kissed me.

He left me breathless as he pulled away from my lips. He took another look around the room and smile sweetly. "Did you do all this for me?" He said softly. "It smell's really good in here, is that Nag Champa your burning?" He inhaled  deeply.

"Yes, how did you know?" That caught me off guard, that he'd know?

"I love it, used to burn it all the time." He put his hand on my lower back rubbing soothingly, "You look beautiful." His voice was deeper. "And the house looks amazing." He added. "Thank you." My breath hitched in the back of my throat.