Chapter 19.

Jacob's POV::

I looked around and saw Emily and Christi talking, I was going to listen to them but Sam called my attention away from them.

"Hey Jake. Hand me those tongs over there?"

"Hey Sam, Leah said you wanted me? "I handed him the tongs.

I wasn't sure why he couldn't just have reached over and gotten them himself, it's not like they were that far away. Oh well.

"I was just wondering where you ran off to." He said and flipped over a steak.

"Oh Paul and I stepped out front for a few."

I knew he was prying for information, and that was information I was not giving to him, pack leader or not, it wasn't any of his business. But it's not like it mattered anyways, Sam would know all the juicy details next time Paul or I phased.

"You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" He looked down at the grill flipping steaks.

"Yeah, I know." I was starting to get a bit annoyed now. "Ok well, I'm going to go hang out with my girlfriend, unless you need anything else?" That really wasn't an offer to help, I hoped he knew that.

"No Jake, go ahead. I'm fine."

I walked over to where Christi and Emily sat there quietly. Christi looked like she was in deep thought. I slid my hands across her shoulders, she looked up and smiled that smile that constantly took my breath away.

"Hello Angel." I had to kiss her, those full soft lips of Christi's were irresistible when they were in that smile.

"So what are you two pretty ladies talking about?"

I settled in a chair next to Christi patting my lap, I needed to feel her close to me. She came and sat on my lap, I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder. I just couldn't get enough contact when it came to Christi. I reached over and took her hand, I circled my thumb around her palm.

"Faith. And how we all need a little in our lives." She said dreamily.

Faith? I knew Emily had to have talked to her about love and faith, that's the only time she ever brought up the word 'faith'. The realization hit me that Sam didn't really need to speak with me, he was just trying to give the girls some more private time to talk alone. Emily and Christi exchanged a silent glance, I pulled Christi closer into me. I was so thankful for Emily being here today.

"That's pretty deep." I said. I looked over to Emily and mouthed a silent 'thank you.' She nodded in return.

"Yeah, well it's good to have deep conversation's sometimes. "Christi said, I felt her little hand squeeze mine.

I felt the sudden urge to expose my heart to her right then and there and tell her how much I cared for her and how I was already falling deeply in love with her. But I new those were dangerous waters to be treading in right now. I couldn't even say a damn word, not unless I wanted to scare her away. Who in their rightful sane mind ever tells someone after only two day's of meeting each other that they are in love with them? Damn Jake, get a hold of yourself you big sentimental marshmellow!

I settled for a kiss on her cheek. I felt her sigh which only intensified my desire to blurt out love sonnets. I so fucking pathetic!

Emily looked at me, her eyebrows were scrunched up and she tilted her head in question. I just rolled my eyes and looked in the opposite direction. I didn't want to deal with her right now.

We all finished eating. Sam suggested, well rather ordered the pack to clean up and straightening things around the house. I have to admit that it was priceless to see Leah washing dishes like a little housewife. Sometimes Sam's authority  was truly a work of genius.