Chapter.41

::Christi's POV::

For being such a big and strong man Jake sure is a big baby. I love him, don't get me wrong, but he is a very needy patient. He wouldn't let me leave his side except to go to the bathroom and groaned every time I had to go make us food. I'm not sure what came over him, was he always like this and I just didn't notice? Or was there more to the madness of his behavior?

All men seem to be big babies when it comes to pain, you would think that being the man that he is and that he heals as quickly as he does Jake would be past all that whiney stuff. Then again, once a baby, always a baby. Actually, it felt good to feel needed. Jake had a definite way of making me feel needed and very well appreciated. No matter how small the gesture, even if I was bringing him a glass of water, he would take the time to tell me how much he appreciated me. This is why I love this man, he makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's truly amazing how much he has warmed my heart.

Three days had passed since Jake's accident, he was already showing signs of improvement, his bruises were slowly subsiding and his left shoulder wasn't as tender as it had been. We managed to move Jake back into his house and into his own bed, we were all thankful for that. Jake had broken his left shoulder and fractured a few ribs with his fall, he still couldn't get out of bed, per Emily's instruction but he should be able to be out and about within the next few days. There were no scars to be seen on his perfect russet skin, only a few bruises where the main broken bones were. I would be lying if I said I got used to this super fast wolf healing thing, because I didn't, I was still baffled and amazed by the whole phenomenon, it was interesting to watch his body heal before my eyes. And that was another thing, as much as I saw it I couldn't fully wrap my head around the idea. That's why I haven't brought myself to tell Jacob about me being bloodline to the first wolf, Migan. I couldn't believe it myself, I didn't want to talk to anyone about it. I didn't want any weird whacked wolf thing blood inside me, let alone know what that would do to me. Sam in the last three days wanted to talk to me about it, but thankfully Emily had gotten him to stop. I just wanted to forget about it and only worry about having Jake, a werewolf.

Sarah and Paul had gone off somewhere alone, the only information Emily would give me was that they needed some time alone. I had no idea what was going on, but I'm glad that they were able to spend some time together. I hope that Sarah wasn't going to freak out if Paul decided to tell her the truth. I remembered how that information had affected me, I shuddered with the thought.

"Are you cold?" Jacob looked down at me with sleepy eyes.

"I thought you were still sleeping. Sorry I woke you."

Jacob had convinced me to lay with him and take an afternoon nap. I had no idea he had woken up.

"You shuddered. What's going on Christi?" He looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Nothing honey, I was just thinking about – stupidities really."

"You can tell me anything… you know that right?" He leaned down and pressed his cheek up against mine. "I won't think it's stupid." His voice was so sweet and comforting.

"I know hun." I leaned my head to look at him and he kissed me softly, with that kiss I felt a pang of guilt. I so badly wanted to share this with Jacob, but I was scared myself to fully except this.

There was a loud knock at the door. I groaned and pulled away from Jacobs lips reluctantly.

"Let them knock." He bit down on my bottom lip and pulled me closer into his body.

"Well someone's feeling better." I said cheekily.

Jacob growled. "You make me feel much better."