Chapter.35

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't uploaded in awhile, it's been crazy. I got in an accident and have bruised ribs so that sucks (like a lot) but it gives me more time to write. I haven't been getting a lot of ideas lately so I've been hesitant to write, but I thought you all deserved a chapter. Finding Fate in The Club has just really exploded over night, thank you all who are the cause of that :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

::Christi's POV::

I love chocolate sauce, it is the best invention in the entire world of food. Ok so maybe it's not rocket science but damn if I don't love licking it off of Jacob.

*********

I woke up and heard whispers. Jacob wasn't in bed which was odd, I felt very cold and alone. I got out of bed slowly and walked over to the door. I pressed my ear up against the door and listened.

"Can you have Sam call me," I heard Jacob talking softly.

I wondered what was going on. I slowly opened the door and walked out into the dark hallway.

"Jacob?" I couldn't see anything.

"Yes honey? I'm here." His voice sounded rough.

I walked over in the direction of his voice and found him leaning his head up against the wall.

"Jake, what's wrong?" I quickly ran to his side and put my hands on his shoulders. He was trembling.

I didn't understand, everything was fine before, why was he – shaking?

"Christi – it's ok, everything is ok, I just need a moment. Can you give me a moment please? I just need to – calm down." His voice grew rougher as he spoke.

What did I do? Was he angry with me?

"What's – Oh!" I remembered the legend Jacob told me, was he that angry that he would – phase? I swallowed back a huge knot.

I was terrified. I didn't know what to do, I wasn't ready for this. How could this be happening? Why was he so angry? Angry enough to – to – phase? The man in the story – Mingan – had killed someone when he phased. No, no, no!

"Don't be afraid, I'm ok." His voice was a deep growl.

I heard a strange rumble – a growl. Oh God, no, he can't, not now. I gasped and stumbled backwards. Jacob looked up at me with a look of sheer panic, his eyes glowed in the darkness – before I had a chance to figure out what was going on he turned around and ran, faster than I've ever seen anyone else run before, he was a blur, all that was left was the open front door and a gush of cold wind. I stood in shock for a moment shaking nervously.

Ok Christi, get a grip. What was I supposed to do? I was terrified. I ran to the front door and slammed it shut and quickly locked it. I didn't want – it – him to come in like that. I couldn't handle seeing. Or could I? What did I do? I must have done something to piss him off. But what could it have been? I ran over the details of what had happened tonight through my mind. There was nothing I could come up with that I thought might have pissed him off. I went over to the couch and curled up with a pillow. My body was shaking.

I jumped at the sound of a knock at the front door.

"Christi it's me Jake." Jacob's voice came from the other side of the door.