Chapter.30

Christi's POV:

I collapsed onto my bed landing face first into my pillow. Jacob's scent was all over it. I quickly got up and threw it onto the floor and proceeded to strip the entire bed leaving all its coverings in a ball on the floor. I turned my attention to my bags that were on the floor, neatly packed – by him. I practically tore the zipper off opening them and dumping everything onto the floor. I didn't want anything to remind me of him.

I curled up into a fetal position and felt myself start to shake again. The tears spilled over blinding me. Christi you are the biggest loser! You just let the best thing that ever happened to you drive off. You didn't even fight for him.

How could I fight for someone who scared me? The truth be known, I am scared to death of Jacob right now. He's never laid a hand on me or yelled at me or hurt me in any way, but I am mortified to be around him. What's wrong with me? It's not my fault that he is a freak of nature and can heal at super speed. That's just creepy. I still can't wrap my head around that one.

I was mentally exhausted and needed rest. I didn't care what the hell I dreamed about, anything was better than this nightmare I was living. I went into the bathroom and tore open a box of sleeping pills. I took two drinking them down with water from the faucet. Yeah the box warning said to only take one, I didn't care. I took the box with me and went back into my room. I lay back down on the bare bed. My mind slowed and got fuzzy. I drifted off to sleep. The sleeping pills worked – my sleep was blessedly free of any dreams. All that was there was peaceful empty black space.

A knock on the door woke me. I don't know how long I had been out. I felt so tired.

"Go away." I moaned out hoarsely.

"Christi, are you ok? You've been in your room since yesterday." Sarah's annoying voice was muffled behind the door.

I reached for a pillow but found nothing. That's right, they were still on the floor. Ugh! The door knob jiggled as Sarah attempted to come in.

"Leave me alone. I want to be left alone Sarah. Please." I felt the sting of tears in my eyes again.

"Christi. Won't you talk to me? Come on, let me in."

"Please leave me alone. I'm begging you. Just go away!" I yelled out weakly.

I reached for the box of sleeping pills and took one out. I swallowed it down dry, it felt like it was stuck in my throat but I didn't care. I squeezed my eyes together tightly and waited for sleep to find me again. All other noises ceased. Good Sarah got the hint and left me alone. I fell back asleep. I don't know how long I slept, but when I woke up I choked down another pill and fell asleep again.

"Christi? – Christi? – Wake up!" I felt my body shake.

I opened my eyes slowly and was blinded by bright light. A fuzzy Sarah was hovering above me. Her voice sounded like an echo.

"Jesus – How many of these sleeping pills did you take? Are you ok? Do I need to take you to the hospital?" He voice echoed on.

My eyes were out of focus, everything looked like it was underwater. The light was hurting my eyes, I quickly covered my face with my arms, sheltering my eyes from the blinding light.

"Christi!" Sarah's distant voice sounded very concerned. "She's not responding to me." She whined out.

"Christi?" A man's voice came across next. "Hey, Christi, c'mon you're scaring us here."

"We should call 911." Sarah's voice sounded desperate now.

"S'ok Sarah, she'll be ok."

"But Paul, she's never been like this."