Chapter.28

::Jacob's POV::

Ok Jake, it's time to talk. Breathe. I sat up against the wall and brought her with me resting my arm around her shoulder. I needed to feel her close to me, just in case she decided she didn't want me anymore after this. God please, don't let her not want me after this. She looked at me nervous, I leaned down and kissed her lips softly to reassure her that everything was fine.

"Everything is ok Angel, don't worry." I said softly.

"W-What do you want to talk about?" She still sounded nervous.

"I want you to tell me about your dreams. Is that ok?" She gave me a small 'ok'.

"We'll start there." I tried to be as calm and soothing as possible, I could feel and see Christi's tension,

I didn't like seeing her like this, it was making me feel desperate, I felt the heat building in me, I closed my eyes in concentration and pushed back. This was big, this was huge! I didn't know if I had it in me, I might just punk out, who knows, I sure as hell don't.

"Are you ok?" Christi's small voice brought me back to reality.

"Yeah." I smiled. "Always perfect when you're with me." I kissed her again like a big sap. "Tell me your dream honey." I nodded my head in encouragement.

"It was a strange dream Jake, I mean it wasn't a bad dream, but it was strange. I remember a lot of colors and the walls of the room dissolving into thin air. Then there was a huge beautiful eagle that flew above me, it landed right in front of me and morphed into a man. It's the only way I can describe it. It was Billy, though at the time I didn't know that, all I knew was that he looked familiar, especially his eyes."

She reached her hand up and touched the side of my face softly. Her finger's reached up to the corner of my eye. Everyone always told me that I had my father's eyes. I leaned into her hand enjoying her touch, I wanted to savor each touch, fearful that it may be the last. Her hand suddenly dropped.

"I remember not being able to talk. I opened my mouth and nothing would come out. He- Billy- said they needed me to listen and pay attention to their message." I looked at her strangely." I only saw Billy, no one else, but I heard whispering from afar in the breeze, nothing I could understand just murmurs." She answered my silent question. "He said something about fate and that two stars that were meant for each other were united, but I didn't understand what that meant, I still don't really get it to be honest." She scrunched her eye brows in concentration. "The wolf is his brother. The wolf call's to her, beckoning her to her love. I remember those words the most, I don't understand what they mean, but I remember them perfectly. He also kept calling me 'cuevo ponchar'." She looked up at me confused, searching for the answer.

"It mean's 'my daughter'. It's a Navajo word, my dad used to call my sister's that." I sighed. I knew exactly why Billy called Christi his daughter. She would have been his daughter had he been around to see us get married one day. My head dropped.

"Jake? What's- Oh." I could practically hear the click in her head when she realized what it meant. "He called me his daughter. That was sweet of him." Ok, maybe she didn't get it.

"Yeah, I guess so. Then what happened?" I pressed on.

"Well then he kept talking about the wolves and how they are nocturnal and will protect me." I raised my eye brows, but she didn't seem to notice." He said life had changed and begun. Again, not sure what that meant. I really felt like he was speaking in riddles, I just need to figure the riddles out now. Then he made me promise to love and care for him." She held her finger's up in quotation marks when she said 'him'. "I assumed he meant you Jacob. That's when the whispered voice's said 'Come Home Billy.' That was the first time I heard his name. He said goodbye to me and told me not to forget about my promise. The last thing he said to me was 'Remember.' and then he shifted back into the eagle and flew off."