Chapter.61

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT!

::Jacob's POV::

This morning I woke up to the sound of pots and pans clanging around in the kitchen. The bright mid-summer morning sun burnt in my eyes, the soft sheets next to me empty. I grumble and turn to look at the time. The red digital numbers read; 6:00AM. I bury my face deep inside my pillow and curse the morning time. I've been exhausted, lately. The past two days we've been moving Christi's things into the house, I never knew how much things she had until I had to move all of them into here, also I've been picking things back up in the auto shop in La Push.

I force my groggy body out of the warm bed, I shiver lightly from the crisp morning air. I stumble out into the living room, scent was sweet sugary and bread. Christi's back was to me as she worked   over the stove, she was fully dressed. Why? It's way to early for her to be ready. 

"Hey baby." She said, Christi's senses have been coming in more clearly lately. Another reason why I'm so tired, Christi and I have been training on her reflexes and senses. I think she feels the need to train on her defensive skills after what happened to her a month ago with- that fucking leech!

"Morning beautiful." I came behind her and kissed her shoulder. "Why are you up and ready?"

"I do have my job I plan on getting back to Jacob." Christi smiled and flipped a pancake over in the pan landing with a sizzle. 

"Ok- well I can come with you. Or get Seth-"

"No. Jacob. I need to start getting back to our normal. I don't want to have to go to my own restuarant  with a body guard."

"But-"

"No 'buts' I'm going alone today." Christi plated a stack of pancakes covered in syrup, walked out of my arms to place the plate on the table. "I'll be fine, worry wart." She smiled, I had an un-easy feeling in my stomach but knew nothing I could do would change her mind.

I sat down in front of the steaming plate of pancakes and instantly my mouth started watering. Christi sat across from me with her smaller plate of pancakes. We joined hands and said a small prayer, it didn't take long for me to demolish the stack of pancakes.

"So, what are you going to be up to while I'm at the restaurant?" Christi asked sipping her milk. The way her lips formed against the glass, and the slight muscles in her neck moving as she swallowed took my attention. I thought of kissing and biting every inch of her this morning until she broke me from my reverie, "Jake? Hello. Earth to Jake?" 

"Oh. I'm sorry, your sexiness was distracting me." I gave her a seductive grin and winked. Instantly I saw her cheeks flame with a ruby red, as the scent of her arousal rose from under the table. The wolf inside me wanted to jump her right now, to bend her across this table and take her until she trembled underneath me. But the man, Jacob, knew how badly Christi missed her job, so I would restrain myself today. But only today.

"I'm going to go the garage. Work there today, try to get the construction I was talking about on the old place started."

"Oh yeah. I remember you talking about that, the first night I came here." Christi looked down smiling widely as remembering that night. I thought back of it too, and found myself grinning like a fool. "It's really a shame. I love the place how it is right now." She said picking our syrup covered plates and carrying them to the sink to clean them. I wanted, needed to be close to her.

I came behind her and wrapped my arms around her tiny frame, lightly kissing her shoulder. "Well we're going to need the extra space, once we're married and start to have children."  I was a little worried to bring the subject of kids up again, though Christi clearly said she wanted to have them with me. It still made my heart jump bringing them up..