Chapter.45

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for all you're comments! It makes me so happy. Also thank you for voting for the awards if you were a part of that :)

Now please enjoy the new chapter:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

::Christi's POV::

"Dig in Jake, don't wait for it to get cold silly."

Jacob was sitting at the table eyeing a huge bowl of chicken noodle soup patiently.

"Sucks to eat alone Chris, you know that." He said softly.

"I'm almost done Jake." I was just finishing up with the rest of our lunch.

Since we had missed breakfast, I decided to make it up to Jake by making two large steaks and some baked potatoes to go along with the soup I had made earlier. I bent down and placed the steaks under the broiler. I looked over at Jake who was still patiently waiting for me to sit down. I smiled and sat down next to him.

"Ok I'm here, now eat." I lifted my spoon.

"Aren't you going to say grace?" He studied me through narrowed eyes.

"Uh – right." I bowed my head silently. "Ok done."

"That's it?" He looked confused.

"Well, yeah, I said my silent grace." I looked at him and he was still looking at me strangely and fidgeting. "What?"

"Well – I thought maybe we could say it together, or that you could say it out loud. I don't really know what to say, so…" He scrubbed his hand through his hair.

"You want to learn how to say grace before eating?" I hoped he wasn't pulling my leg.

"We never prayed much in my family, so yeah. It's what you do – and well, if you don't mind showing me, I want to do what you do." He said with a shy smile.

Could he get any more adorable? That had to be the sweetest thing I'd ever heard. My face lit up with a smile.

"Bow your head and close your eyes." I instructed.

He bowed his head and closed his eyes.

"Like this?" He peeked over in my direction with one eye slightly open.

"Yes." I couldn't help giggling he was just too damn cute. "Give me your hands."

He slid his hands onto the table and took mine gently.

I bowed my head and closed my eyes. "Thank you Lord for these gifts which we are about to receive. Protect us through-out our days, as our family. Amen."

"Uh – Amen." He squeezed my hands gently and then released them.

I don't know why, but I felt proud of him. I mean I wasn't the world's most religious woman, but I was thankful for my blessing in life and now I was proud to be able to share those blessing with the man that I love.

Jake showed his appreciation for my food with every bite he took, moaning with approval.

"So good." He slurped up more soup.

I couldn't help the huge silly grin plastered all over my face throughout the entire meal.

"Everything is good when you're as hungry as we are." I giggled.

"Don't sell yourself short baby, you're a genius in the kitchen." He winked and shoved another spoonful in his mouth.

"Well then it's a good thing we met huh? Otherwise you'd probably starve to death." I made a face of mock horror. "And we wouldn't want that now, would we?"