Chapter 30

Maddie's Pov

"Okay so... do you know the address?" Cara asks me.

"Um... I think Tris wrote it down somewhere around here," I respond, searching through Tris' room. Cara and I agreed on riding our bikes there, and picking the back door with a bobby pin. Then, we were going to quietly enter the house and start banging things or something like that. We just want to scare the crap out of them.

"Okay, found it!" I call out. "It's 1204 Memorial Drive. That's like... 10 minutes from here by car so... 20 by bicycle"

"Let's go." Cara announces.

I exit the room and walk downstairs to see my mom and dad sitting at the dining table.

"Mom, dad, can we go to Menchie's?" I lie.

"How long are you going to take? Because we have someone coming over." My dad informs us.

I look over at Cara. She shrugs. "About half an hour or so." Please say yes, please say yes.

Mom looks over to Dad and they nod. "Fine, but take your phones just in case. Don't take too long."

I say thank you as we run out the door.

Tris' Pov

Now it's my turn to recall an embarrassing anecdote.

"Hmm... When someone slashed my bike tires and slammed me against a locker in front of everyone." Everyone laughs except for one. Tobias has his head down, frowning.

"Awe, Toby," I whisper, so only he could hear. "It's okay now."

"I was an ass to you and I'm sorry." He mumbles. I hug him and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Just watch your back." I say.

"What?"

"Hm?" I play around with him.

"Okay this is boring let's do something el-" Christina is cut off by a loud banging noise that erupted from the back of the house. While everyone gets up, I smirk. Maddy texted me her whole scheme, and of course I promised to keep my mouth shut.

"Guys, I- uh. Get a butterknife from the kitchen or something." Uriah cries.

I quickly pull out my phone and text Maddy:

hide and get ready to scare they're coming ur way -T

k-M

Phew, can't wait for this. The group's steps move in synchronization. Five, four, three, two...

"Boo!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Everyone screams. I start laughing like a maniac.

"Oh my god you guys sound like girls!" I point out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
woo I'm sick yay

warning: not edited

and omg 17k + tyasm ❤️