Chapter 27

Divergent High🔥 Chapter 27

Tris' Pov

When I pull into the driveway, Tobias pulls into his. Confused, I rush out of my car and run over to him. He doesn't seem to notice me as he walks towards his front door. I tap him on the shoulder and he quickly turns around. "Just go like that you're fine," I tell him. Tobias smiles, "I need to take a shower. Like now."

"Uh, why exactly? You took one this morning. A long one, too." I question.

"Well, I've been around you all day, that's why." He responds

"You little jerk," I mumble and slap his arm. Tobias laughs as I walk away to my house.

When I unlock the door, I see Lily sitting down on the couch watching TV. "Maddy is coming after school with a friend to work on a project. Her friend's brother is dropping them off here in an hour." I tell her.

"Oh why hello to you too," she says. I laugh and hug her.

"Hi. Now, can I go to a little party at my friend Uriah's house? There's only like 7 or 8 of us." I ask holding my hands in front of me together.

"Um, I guess. Our neighbour was going to come over for dinner tonight but I guess you could be excused." Lily responds. My eyes widen a bit. "By neighbour, do you mean Marcus Eaton?" My voice cracks as I ask. Lily simply nods,

"Yes, and he has a son, Tobias. But he won't be joining us- at least, that's what Marcus told us." I smirk and she raises her eyebrow. I shoot her a look that says 'I'll tell you later'.

She nods and I jog up to my room.

~time lapse~

In thirty minutes, I am showered and dressed. My outfit consists of a white polo, skinny khaki jeans, white vans, and my Coca-Cola factory sweater. My hair is in a high ponytail with the occasional stray hairs sticking out. Since it's pretty early, I decide to text Christina:

want to go to Starbucks- t

nah, how about McDonald's. I'm in the mood for a big mac- c

alright.-t

I'm omw to pick you up with mar-c

okay-t

I put my phone in my back pocket and walk downstairs. Caleb is sitting at the dining table reading a book. He glances up at me and frowns, "Where are you going. We have company later." "I have permission to leave. Plus, I don't want to be in the same room as Marcus." I state. Shit, why did I say the last part. Stupid, stupid, stupid. "Hm?" Caleb asks, obviously more interested in the book than me. Before I can leave, someone honks a car horn five times and I know it's Christina.

I get in the backseat of the car because Marlene occupies the passenger seat. "So no makeup huh?" Christina asks while backing out of the driveway. "Eh, for all I know I could be pushed in the pool. And I'm not in the mood to look like a raccoon." I respond.

"But I h-" Christina begins but I cut her off.

"I don't care if you have a backup make-up salon in your purse. I like it natural."

Marlene and I laugh while Christina keeps her undivided attention on the road.

Within 10 minutes we get to McDonald's.

~~~~~

oml almost 10,000 reads! that is amazing tyasm!💕

I'm really tired so I'll update by Monday since tomorrow is Mother's Day.

🚨not edited🚨

that a/n was long enough.