Chapter 39

boom clap the sound of my heart the beat goes on and on and on and on and
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tris' Pov

Maddy walks back in with a victorious smirk on her face.

What happened?

The Four comes in, a big black and blue mark on his jaw.

"Maddy!" I whisper yell. "Mhm?" She responds. "Did you do that?" I ask. She just nods and directs her gaze to Coach Amar, who is talking to Four.

"Blondie! Over here." Coach calls, waving at me. Groaning, I get up and jog over to him and Four.

"Take him to the infirmary."

"Ugh, he's a big boy why do I have to take him?"

"Smart mouth me one more time and you'll get a detention." Coach warns. I groan and start walking to the infirmary.

"Wait up!" Tobias calls as I turn the corner. He catches up to me and rests a hand on my shoulder. I shake it off and stay silent.

"Where's your girlfriend?" I ask. "Hm, a few feet ahead of me, why do you ask?" He answers. I blush a little and thank goodness that he can't see me.

"Haha, funny," I say, the sarcasm in my voice very noticable.

We finally reach the infirmary and I follow Tobias inside.

After a few minutes, the 'nurse' says that his jaw isn't broken, but badly bruised.

Walking back to class after a half hour of waiting, I say, "So, you got beat up by a twelve year-old. Nice going, Four."

"Yeah whatever. At least I don't cry over everything."

He. did. not.

I stop in my tracks and turn to him.

"Don't you dare start pinning that on me! That was your fault! You broke my heart. You broke me, Tobias. And yes, I cried. I cried because I never thought you would do this to me. That's why. And if your usually a jerk like you're being now, don't plan on ever getting me back. Or, you know what, just get away from me. Yeah that sounds good."

"Tris, I just- Ugh what is wrong with me?!" He exclaims.

Everything Tobias.

Everything.