Chapter 20

1.5k reads. holy 💩

can I get more followers? I like only have 5 it's hilarious compared to the reads😂

I love you guys so much thank you for all the support I never thought I'd get so far !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shauna's Pov

Once Tris knocks out, I decide it's best to get some rest. But before I do, my stomach rumbles. My feet race down the stairs and stop in front of the refrigerator. Mom and Dad sit at the counter, looking at a very bright computer screen. "Uh, Mom? Dad? What are you doing, so late?" I ask them, grabbing yogurt and a can of Mellow Yellow. "Shouldn't... We ask you the same?" My dad retorts, yawning in between his words. "Snack," I simply state.

"Listen dear, we have some news to break." My mom adds.

My eyes open wide and my body tenses. Surprises like so are not my type. "You got accepted to the Julliard school in New York!" Mom sqeals. My mouth opens wide. "So, we are moving there." She finishes. That's when my mouth closes. "What about Lynn? And Tris?" I ask. "We already found another family for Tris, and Lynn is coming with us. There are various schools in New York for art, for her." Dad says. I nod, and walk upstairs.

I fall back onto my bed and think about what's going to happen.

~~~~~~~

Tris' Pov

My head is spinning when I wake up. As I try to remember the events of last night, they never come to me. I slowly get up from my bed and walk downstairs. The front door is open and there's nothing. No furniture or decorations occupying the household. My heart begins to race but its beat goes back to normal when I see the boxes. At first, I thought we were getting robbed, but no. Brown cardboard boxes are placed around the house, and I feel like an idiot for not seeing them sooner. Moving Boxes. My feet walk me to the front door and I see a moving truck parked outside. Are we moving?

"We are, but not you, Tris." a voice says. Oops, I must've said that aloud. "W-Why are you guys moving?" My voice falters as I ask these words. When I turn around, Lynn is there, her face a light and faded shade of red. "Well," she begins, "Shauna got accepted to this music school in New York, and I applied for an art school there." I stare at her in disbelief, but then register the fact that this is happening. "So, a new family is moving in here. They adopted you, but we convinced to move here, instead of taking you across the state." Lynn adds. I walk up to her and engulf her in a hug,

"Thank you, for everything."

~~~~~~~~~

Lynn's Pov

The tears began to trickle down my face as Tris mumbled those words. This is it, I think. I pull back from the hug and say, "Tell everyone to come now. We only have like 3 more hours left together, let's make the most of it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

today I have no school so I'm being lazy and writing all day! rn I'm writing the chapter of my sheo fanfic and after that I'll be writing the next chapter for this one. Read my Sheo Fanfic too!👫