Chapter 54

Tris' Pov

Fear and worry swim through me as Tobias walks up to us. Zeke and his fucking football. I bite my lip and try to think of what to say. When I look to my right, Uriah has disappeared, but as I look around, I see him by my car. Great. "Woah, this is bad." He says aloud, loud enough for Tobias to hear. "What is bad?" Tobias growls as he walks over to my car. Zeke and his damn football, Uriah and his damn loud mouth, the dynamic duo. As Tobias examines the dent, I come up with an idea. I'll get a job. I can apply for a job, and I will.

"Uhm, this isn't so bad, probably like three hundred or two hundred dollars." Tobias says. What the hell?!

"I'll pay for it," I finally speak up.

"No Tris, it's fine." Tobias glares at me.

"No Four, it's not fine," I spit, exaggerating his name. "And once I pay for it to get fixed, you will take it back to the dealer, get the money for it and keep it."

He opens his mouth to speak, but decides against it, knowing that I won't back down. I walk to his side as we walk inside. "How do you even pay for that car?" I finally ask him.

"Instead of the seven hundred a month, I pay two hundred. I know the owner of the dealership, Tris." He answers coldly. What's up with him.

"That's still a lot Tobias, you know how I feel when people spend their money on me."

"Okay well, I'm sorry. Just please, let me fix it. If you want, I can get you a cheaper car. And I'm doing this because I l... care for you. Okay?" He explains.

"Thank you," I say and mean it. These feelings have been nagging at me for a while now. There's this pull that attracts us together, as if he's the north pole of a magnet and I am the south. The magnetic pull doing nothing but bringing the poles together. Like I've said, opposites attract. I don't know what to do. But I guess I'll go with my gut, and trust myself on this one.

I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head in the crook of his neck. "Thank you," I repeat. He's taken aback but soon hugs me back.

And these are the moments I miss the most.

~~~~~~

❤️

if you want, read my sheo fanfic too, Sheo♡ It Will Be Us :)

vote and comment🌸