Chapter 46 {fourtris:)}

Tris' Pov

It is now Saturday and I haven't gotten up from bed except for the times I needed to go to the restroom.

"Tris?" A voice calls from outside my bedroom door.

"What?" My voice is scratchy from my throat being so dry.

"It's Christina, and I'm coming in!" She states. The doorknob turns and she enters, with Marlene behind her.

"Why," I cough, "are you here at ten in the morning?"

"Well you haven't been to school in two days and we were worried." Marlene replies.

Oh. Yeah of course they were worried.

A knocking on the window erupts and Christina screams,

"Tris! Who, who is that?!"

"Dude chill, it's only Four." I tell her.

"And why is Four knocking on your window?"

Wait, why is he knocking on my window? He barely does anymore. Oh god, please don't tell me...

"Holy shit!" Marlene cries as a bloody Four opens the window. In a split second, I'm already by the window and helping him inside.

"Uh, do I get someone or..?" Christina frantically asks. "Yes please call Andrew he should be downstairs." I tell her while laying Tobias onto my bed.

"Four? Four! Don't, don't close your eyes. Please," I beg, as his eyes flutter, attempting to close. His chest rises and lowers slowly, his breaths heavy. Both arms are bruised, shades of black and blue and purple so deep. There are lash marks scarring up his face, blood seeping out from a few of them. Belt lashes. His abdomen is covered with old scratches, as well as some fresh ones. What the hell?

"Bea..." He croaked, trying hard to turn his head. "Oh my god! Toby, I'm here. I'm here." I respond quickly.

"Can you... take me to... the hospital?" He breathes. "Yeah of course, I'm going to call 9-1-1, okay?" I tell him, grabbing my phone. As I am about to press the call button, Cristina and Marlene come back up, with my dad behind them. "Tris, I need you to call the police now!" He tells me as he kneels next to Tobias, rubbing a wet cloth over his body.

"Nine one one, what's your emergency?"

"Hi yes, this is Beatrice Prior, and my boyfriends is in critical condition. Please just send an ambulance."

"Okay, is there an adult around?" The woman asks me. Quickly I hand my phone to my dad and he tells the lady what's happening and our address.

I kneel besides Tobias and whisper in his ear, "Don't leave me, Toby. I need you.", hoping he can hear me before his eyes close.

~

Tobias' Pov

A bright light blinds me as soon as I open my eyes. An IV is attached to my arm. My head is bandaged in a white cloth. How did I get here? The past events are hazy in my mind as I try to recall them.

"Don't leave me, Toby. I need you."

Those are the only words I can remember before I apparently fainted.

"Bea," Are the first words that I say. A soft whimper is the only sound in the room, aside the occasional beeps of medical equipment. "Bea," I repeat, a little louder.

"Hm? Tobias? Your awake?" Tris' angelic voice fills my ears.

"Yeah, I guess." I tell her, sitting up. She's sitting on a chair alongside the hospital bed. When I get a good look at her face, I see her bright blue eyes puffy and glassy, and dried tears on her cheeks. "How are you feeling?" She asks me, grabbing my hand in between her own.

"I'm okay, how about you?"

"Fine, I guess. Now that you're okay." She answers.

"So, what happened exactly?" I ask her.

~~~~~~~~~

yay chapter :) was it okay if I kinda got teary eyed while writing? eh, it's probably just me lol

comment and vote🌟

qotd: what's your name?

mine's mya🍓