Chapter 44

@grimm_twins, you are my savior 🙏
~

Tobias' Pov.

A hideous beast comes up to Tris' table and sets down a huge slice of Dauntless cake and a sundae. She then walks over to us and I groan.

"Welcome to The Pit, how may I take your order?" Molly asks, winking at me.

"I'll have a small slice of Dauntless cake," Zeke says. Uriah asks for the same. "Uh, I'll have onion rings." I tell her. She smiles and leans down to my face. Before she can do anything, I hold up my hand. "Don't you dare. Go try and ruin someone else's relationship, not mine, got it?" I threaten. Molly just grunts and walks away with our menus.
~~~~~~~~
Tris' Pov

I slowly drink my sundae while Caleb on the other hand, stuffs pieces of cake in his mouth. "Dude, you're going to choke." I warn him. He nods and lowers the remaining cake in his hand into the plate.

"Sorry, I was just hungry." He tells me. Then my phone vibrates.

hey- Christina

hi, what's up- tris

nm at home wbu- Cristina

at the pit with Caleb- tris

who?- Christina

my foster brother remember- tris

oh well, four told me he was there with the brothers- Christina

Since when does she talk to Tobias? Last time I checked, she never really liked him.

oh okay..- tris

"Tris, it's almost nine o'clock, we need to start heading home," Caleb informs me.

I look up from my phone and notice the guys getting up to leave too.

"Alright, uh how much is it?" I ask him.

"I already paid, don't worry,"

"Thanks Caleb." I smile.

When we get up, Caleb starts walking immediately to the door.

"Dude! Wait for me outside!" I call out. I walk to the restroom and stand in front of the mirror above the sinks. I turn the nozzle and water comes pouring out. My hands lay in the bowl of the sink getting soaked. I bring them up to my hair and pat the loose strands down.

When I open the door to leave the restroom, Tobias is leaning against a table.

"Uh Tris!" He gasps when he suddenly notices me. I sit in a chair and rest my hand below my chin.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for walking out on you. Okay?"

I think about this for a moment. "Alright, it's okay."

His face looks so down and sad. It makes me want to cry but I know I can't.

"C'mere," He tells me, opening out his arms. The only thing that I'm manageable to do is grin. I walk over to him and wrap my small arms around his neck. My head reaches to the top of his chest. Yes, I'm short.

It's funny how things work. Like why do opposites attract? If two things had so much in common, why can't they attract? In a way, it kind of relates to relationships. A 'perfect' couple will never be perfect. They will always have their disagreements and arguments. They'll fight for the littlest things like what they want to eat or what they want to watch. But that's why brings them closer together. I mean, if they had the same interests, every little thing in common, there would be no spark. No chemistry. It would be the same everyday. I believe the more different and opposite one is to another, the more they will attract. It's the same with us. There's more physical differences between us, but that's just what I mean. He's tall and well built, and has a beautiful face. With dark hair and ocean blue eyes, he has the attention. While I am short and skinny, built like a bird almost. I have the blond hair and bright blue eyes, and the not so beautiful face. Yet, that's what brings us together. It's why we are 'perfect' for each other. Even though there is no such thing as perfect, there is. There are different definitions of perfect, one for every individual. And he is mine.

We have been standing there for God knows how long, until I actually noticed that he had his lips pressed to my head. A smile creeps up to my face and I don't even bother to suppress it. These are the moments I crave for again.

I hear whistles and immediately blush. Tobias pulls back, his hands still around my waist.

"I'll see you tomorrow Tris," He says and walks toward the door. From where I stand I see him shove Uriah and I laugh and walk out as well, joining my brother.
~~~

okay was this long?

comment💬

vote✏️

just tell me what you think <3