Chapter 7

I don't own the characters Veronica Roth does.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tris' Pov

We hurry down stairs and we sit back down in out seats. Everyone's staring at us. Marcus coughs. I look up at him and say, "Sorry, I just couldn't control myself. It really pains me to talk about them." Miss Claire is staring at me with a huge smile on her face. "Honey, I have news. You're being adopted!"she squeals. I stare at her with disbelief. "Huh, What?" is all I manage to say. "Yes, and they live right next to dear Marcus."she explains. I smile. "Okay, but when am I going? We don't even have my stuff!" I say. "Your stuff is already there, I took it while you were at school. So you're leaving, tonight." Miss Claire sighs. I get up and walk over to her, swallowing her in my arms. I start to tear up and so does she. "I'll miss you so much," I say. Miss Claire stands up and wipes her tears. "Well excuse us, but I think it's time to show Tris her new home." I look over at Four/Tobias and he's there just grinning. "Thank you for dinner." I say and we head out.

Miss Claire and I walk over to the next house over, knocking on the door. In a few seconds the door swings open and my eyes open wide. In the doorway, Shauna and Lynn stand there, staring at me with the same facial expression on my face plastered on theirs. "Tris? You're Beatrice?" they both ask in unison. "What did you think Tris was short for? Shit?" we all laugh but Miss Claire nudges me on the shoulder. "Well, I'll be around, so see you soon!" she exclaims. "Love you!" I yell as she walks over to the car.

The next morning I wake up in a green room. I share a room with Lynn, which is really fun. She let me borrow some clothes. So I ended up wearing a black crop top that says 'rckless' and black leather leggings. I lace up my combat boots and put my hair in a side braid. I grab my phone from the dresser and text Christina:

hey you don't need to pick me up anymore-T

oh ik Shauna told me . see ya later✌️- c

I quickly eat some toast and get in Shauna's car.

~Page Break~

I get my math notebook from my locker and shove it in my book bag. A strong hand grabs my shoulder, and I grin. "Yes?" I ask without looking back. "Call me Four, but when it's just us, call me by my real name." Tobias told me. I turn around to face him. "And when people are around call me Tris. But other than that, I'm Bea." I tell him.

Next thing I know, his lips are on mine.