Chapter 24

Maddy's Pov

The next morning I woke up and there was a figure next to me. When I try identify the figure, I recognize it as Tris. I had to sleep in her room the previous night since my bedroom isn't ready yet. Although, I don't get why Caleb's is. I shake my head to rid myself of the thoughts as I slowly creep out from under the covers. My eyelids are heavy, due to lack of sleep. We stayed up watching The Purge last night. Anyways, I rush downstairs heading to the kitchen. Passing by the family room, I see a figure on the couch. A scream escapes my mouth, and the figure springs up. "Maddy, what... happened?" Holy. It's Four. "Oh it's you. I thought you were an intruder or something." I tell him. He laughs, "Yeah, because an intruder who has the intentions of destroying your home or stealing stuff is going to take a nap on the couch." My smirk diverges into a frown. I mutter a 'whatever' under my breath so he didn't hear it. For some reason, I feel a deep pit in my stomach. Every time that pit forms, something bad is going to happen. Oh no.

After eating cereal, I decided to stretch, since I have cheerleading later in the day. Four is watching TV in the family room and everyone else is sleeping. Slowly, I bring my leg up behind me, and do a needle. When I place my leg back on the floor, Four is looking at me with his mouth open. I just ignore it, and pull off a bow and arrow. I do a few other simple stretches and tricks until I get exhausted and sweaty. I sit down on the couch that Four is on, but across from him. He glances at me and then fixes his gaze back on the TV. I'm starting to feel that he doesn't like me.

"Um, Four?" I hesitantly ask. "Yes," he says. "Um, do you like me? Not that type of like but you know, like in general." I stutter while asking him. "Who said I didn't like you," he simply responds. I nod, "It's just that you never talk to me when I'm around." He looks at the floor, "Well, Madison, how do you expect me to just randomly talk to you when all I know about you is your name." I slowly comprehend what he's saying and smile, "Okay, point taken." He laughs. Tris then comes down the stairs, her hair tousled and sticking out in places. "Morning," she yawns. I wave at her. "Sleeping Beauty has arisen from her slumber," Four announces. I laugh at his comment and Tris blushes. "Oh and Maddy, I'm taking you to get stuff for school," Tris adds. "Mom already has like a mini Micheal's/ Staples stuffed in 10 or so boxes." I sat. She nods and sits next to Four.

<Next Day>
Tris' Pov

As usual, my phone alarm awakes me at precisely 6:30. Even though school starts at 7:15, I liked to get a good head start on the day. I go through the usual routine; shower, get dressed, brush teeth, do hair, eat muffin, and leave. When I finished the first four steps, I remembered that I was taking Maddy to school. Basically, my school is a middle and high, composed of three huge buildings, portables, and a gym. Speaking of gym, some grades are mixed for gym, and there's like 5 sixth graders in my gym class. Maybe Maddy will be in my class too.

I walk over to Maddy's room and knock on her door. In a matter of seconds, the door swings open. She stands in front of me, with her Aeropostale jeans and a loose tank top with a Ferris wheel on it. "Navy Pier," I say. Maddy nods and exits her room with her black Jansport book bag, the same one I have. "Is it me, or are we dressed very similar," She mentions. I examine our outfits, same Aeropostale jeans, tank tops just with a different print, and we are both wearing Jordan's. "Stop," She blurts out as we head toward the kitchen. Maddy carefully looks at my tank top, which says 'Lorde Pure Heroine' on it, just like the cover of the album. "You like Lorde?" she asks. I nod and grab two muffins from the counter, handing her one. We both yell bye and walk to my car.

Maddy stares at it, "Woah, it looks like a batmobile." Laughing at her comment, I sit in the front seat and Maddy sits in the passenger. "Wait, Four is running over to us," she points out. "My dad... took... my car," Tobias pants as he leans in through the window. I tell him to get in, so he stands next to the passenger seat where Maddy is. "Nuh-uh cowboy not today. Either sit your ass down in the back or walk." I simply state. He groans and gets in the back. Then we drive our way to school.
~~~~~~~
long enough?
~
yay fun chapter. sorta
~
today I won't be updating so much bc I have to go to a friend's house for a stupid project
~
feedback is appreciated❤️