Chapter 21

1.7 tysm!

special shoutout to @grimm_twins for being just an awesome reader- commenting such wonderful comments on all the chapters! and yes thank you for the suggestion of what I should do. I will use it but not just rn. So once again thanks💕

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tris' Pov

I go up to my room and start a group chat with the whole group, excluding Shauna and Lynn.

come over to our place in like 10-20 minutes-Tris

okay...-Christina

b there in 21 minutes-Zeke

why 21- Tris

because 21 is a number out shined by the number 20, Beatrice-Zeke

idiot- Christina

don't call me that, idiot- Tris

coming w/ Zeke's stupid ass- Uriah

I'm going with Chris- Will

b there soon-4

I leave the chat and get dressed. I decide on a salmon strapless top that only reaches my belly button, and is form fitting. Then I put on high waisted, white skinny jeans. My Jordan's are the last item I put on, their soft blue and black standing out. I braid my hair into eight separate braids, and wait like five minutes before releasing them. Therefore, my hair ends up in mermaid waves. I do a soft smokey eye and apply light pink lipstick. As I tidy up the bathroom, there's a knock on the front door.

When I open the door, I have to quickly side-step out of the way before I was to get run over by Zeke and Uriah play fighting. Again.

"You guys are so immature!"I shout.

"We know," They both say in unison. I sigh and walk outside. To the left is Tobias' house, and it looks like there's no intelligent life whatsoever in it. That is, until the front door opens and slams shut. Tobias walks out and starts to walk over here, his figure slumped. Oh no. I frantically jog over to him, and when he raises his head to see me, he smiles. A smile that hurts to make. I hug him very softly and he buries his head in my hair. "Tobias, what did he do?" I ask softly, as he quietly sobs into my hair. It hurts to see him cry. It really does.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tobias' Pov (in the morning before he goes to Tris' house)

When I wake up, there's laughter downstairs. I slowly sit up and check my phone. It's 11 o'clock and I have a whole bunch of text messages:

come over to our place in like 10-20 minutes-Tris

okay...-Christina

b there in 21 minutes-Zeke

why 21- Tris

because 21 is a number out shined by the number 20, Beatrice-Zeke

idiot- Christina

don't call me that, idiot-Tris

coming w/ Zeke's stupid ass- Uriah

I'm going with Chris- Will

b there soon-4

I slip on a black tee and denim jeans, along with dark blue and black Jordan's. I quickly comb my hair and walk down the stairs. Marcus is standing by the island with Maria, and another man and woman I do not recognize. When Marcus sees me, he gives me a glare warning me to watch out. "Ah, Four! My dear son! Why don't you meet Andrew and Natalie Johnson, our new neighbors." Marcus says. "Neighbors?" I question. He nods, "Yes, they are moving into the house next to us. Plus, they adopted your little friend so she'll be staying." I slowly nod, comprehending the information. Natalie decides to speak up, "We must be leaving now, we have to get the rest of our belongings from the storage." Marcus leads them outside and once they're gone, he slams the door. "Listen, I am not going to be made a fool of by you." He yells. I stare at him, fear building inside of me. "No one will ever love you. Even that little slut of yours. She's just gonna bang you and leave you! Just like everyoth-" "You're wrong. She loves me." I defend both myself and Tris. That's when I really piss him off. He kicks me in the stomach multiple times. Hard.

"You sure about that?" Marcus questions. He punches me straight in the jaw.

"She'll never love you," he spats.

His words burn through me like acid.

Marcus turns around and walks upstairs, were Maria awaits him. I slowly get up, wincing at the pain that shoots in me. With my phone in my pocket, I walk through the front door. My head is bowed down as I trudge towards Tris' house. Once I look up, I see a small blond running to me. My small blond, I think to myself. She wraps her arms around me, trapping me in her strong, but heart-warming hugs. I try to smile, but it hurts really bad. I bury my face into her vanilla-smelling hair and cry."Tobias, what did he do?" Tris asks softly. I just keep on crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry I've been trying to write but I had things that just randomly came up.

QOTD: Should I keep on with my Sheo fanfic ?