6.

The campaign was one about rescuing pets from shelters instead of adopting from mills. Peta wanted to go with someone young, fresh, and hip celebrity who wasn't exactly a vegetarian or vegan. This is what Neal told us at least.

Micah spent a good half hour getting Hunter ready for this shoot. His hair was now standing even higher up with each and every strand in perfect place. His tight, black t-shirt and black skinny jeans were now replaced with a long sleeved white shirt and blue jeans. And those "oh so muscular arms" I also read about in the magazine once boredom struck, were currently holding Bellini, a small golden retriever pup. After holding, much to my dismay, Jinx for a good hour inside getting some pictures by the kennels.

"I will admit... The sight of him holdin' that puppy is enough to make my heart skip a beat."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at Lucy's statement.

"Control yourself, woman. You're married."

She chuckled and sat down on a lawn chair in front of the deck railing, which is where Sandra and I were currently perched.

Hunter's crew thought some shots outside by the beach would be good to include in the spread as well. So everyone literally up and moved out to our deck, fake plants and all.

Beach goers were stopping and pointing at all of us and not surprisingly, teen girls were starting to gather.

"You would think he was Bieber or something," Sandra muttered while avoiding the third swim suit top thrown up on the deck since we came out here.

Thankfully, one of the large SUV's were Hunter's security, who were all down on the sand blocking anyone from getting close to the, "oh so precious," cargo that was Hunter Lane.

"Can we take a break or something? This heat is terrible."

I looked over at Hunter who was now handing off Bellini to Jerry. I noticed after a few minutes in to the shoot by the kennels, that Hunter got what he wanted, no matter what.

He thought the lighting was washing him out in photos? Bam, more lights were brought in.

Not his angle? Everybody moved to his wish.

Four ice cubes instead of three in his water? Okay, well maybe that incident hasn't happened, but it was only a matter of time.

"He thinks this is bad? He should visit in July then."

I laughed at Jerry's joke as he walked over to us. I reached out and took Bellini from him and started to scratch the top of her head. "I doubt he deals with heat much. He probably has someone fanning him any time he's in a warmer climate."

"Actually, while that happened once in Costa Rica, that's not what usually happens. I just ask for water or to go inside for a bit. I'm from up north so I'm not used to the heat."

I mentally groaned, due to the fact that Hunter had heard me, as he walked over with Micah to join us.

"See you're still not a fan of me, huh?"

Guessing the question was directed at me, I simply shrugged as an answer.

"Well don't worry, we have time to change that," Hunter smirked.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "I'm sorry? I wasn't aware of me having to be in your presence for more than today."

"Oh, I didn't tell you?"

Everyone's heads turned to face Tony who was walking over to us.

"Hunter is going to be in town for the week and Neal thought it was a good idea for him to volunteer. That way he can give a real, insight story for Peta."

I swear my eyes popped out of my head.

"Wait. Can you repeat that for me, Tony?"

He glared at me and I dropped my gaze down to the deck's floor.

"Isn't it great? We're going to be having an extra set of hands in the clinic that will then share his experience with the whole country. It's going to be wonderful, right Ava?"

Peeking up, I gave Tony a fake smile. "Yeah... Wonderful, Tony. Uhm, excuse me for a bit. I need to go...test the water's temperature."

I quickly and carefully turned and jumped off of the railing and down to the beach after stuttering out a fake excuse.

I heard a few people, some from the crew and from the crowd below us, gasp as I did so. I guess the drop was a bit high, but I've gotten used to it after doing it for years.

I quickly brushed past the crowd and over to the rocks just to the right of the clinic. The tide was currently low so the waves weren't crashing too much against them.

I listened to Hunter's security yell out to the crowd, but ignored them and climbed my way over to the farthest rock out. What I liked to think of as my rock.

This was usually where I went to just sit and think once I've gotten off from work. However, right now I was too damn stressed and needed to get away from the walking magazine cover.

Just being next to him for a few hours has already been too much. There's no way I can deal with Hunter for a whole week.

I bet Tony knew about this. I bet my mom even knew about it.

Damn them.

I sighed and took my hair out of the high ponytail I always wore to work. My wavy mess of blonde hair fell over my shoulders but quickly got blown back by the ocean breeze. I could faintly feel the mist hitting my face and just the smell of the salt water was calming me down.

The beach was my happy place.

So I was lucky to live by one.

I sat there for a while debating if I should head back and ask Tony to let me go home. If I had to put up with Hunter for a whole week, maybe I could get out of staying here for the rest of the day.

This photo shoot looked nowhere near the end and I had plans. Even if they were just taking a five year old to get ice cream, they were still plans.

"Is this like your bat cave? Oh, or like your version of the flower field from Twilight?"

"You, of all people, are not standing behind me right now."

"Sorry, Ava. That I am."

With my jaw clenched and my almost calmed mood completely gone, I turned slowly to look up at Hunter Lane himself, standing on my rock.

Damn him as well.