4.

The hour of twelve o' clock was the one slow period we had each day at the clinic. This was mostly due to the fact that we never booked appointments or accepted walk-ins at this time, unless it was an extreme emergency. That's because us workers, including Tony, liked to take a lunch at this time like regular people.

Also, this was the one time Lucy's husband Shawn, who owned the beach's most popular restaurant Taco 'Bout Crazy, could always deliver us lunch. Knowing that at twelve, I would be able to devour a bowl of salsa Verde was the only thing that got me through the morning rush. And yet, despite getting the same thing each day, I never got tired of eating the delicious Mexican food.

"Shawn said he saw a bunch of girls running down the street screaming after a red Lamborghini."

I raised an eyebrow as Lucy brought over the bags of food to the break room. Tony was lounging in the recliner chair, and two of our other workers, Sandra and Jerry, were sitting at the table.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say that was Mr. hot shot," I grunted.

"And I'm going to take a not so wild guess that you're right, Metchons."

I playfully glared at Jerry, while taking out the brown paper sack with my name scribbled on it. I could already smell the fish tacos and freshly made tortilla chips.

"We should probably try to eat fast so we have time to clean up before they arrive at one," Tony spoke up just as Lucy handed him his bag of pork carnitas tacos. "And Jerry, maybe you should brush your teeth twice after eating..."

Sandra, Lucy, and I all broke into a fit of laughter as Jerry's jaw dropped.

"Sue me for liking garlic! If you were so worried, then you should have told me to order something else," he bellowed.

Tony raised an eyebrow at his glaring worker. "As if any of us could come between you and your garlic shrimp tacos."

"Damn right you couldn't..." he quietly muttered while opening his own bag.

The rest of us chuckled and allowed the room to stay quiet for a bit, besides the sounds of us opening our bags and eating.

After a while, Lucy decided to break the silence.

"Do you think they rented the Lamborghini or its Hunter's?"

"Oh, I bet it's his. I heard he got paid a huge amount for his Vogue cover. He apparently worked with Kanye West," Sandra added.

"Large paycheck for a large ego," I hissed while biting into my taco. "You're right though, it's probably his."

"Really, Av? With a mouthful of food?"

"What," I responded to Tony with a few pieces of fish flying out.

"Ugh, and that's why she doesn't have a boyfriend, ladies and gentlemen," Sandra teased.

I rolled my eyes and just kept on eating.

I really wasn't looking forward to Hunter Lane arriving here in less than forty five minutes. Since Tony told me about this whole damn thing last month, I've been in a sour mood about it.

Most eighteen year old girls would be freaking out over, "such a pantry dropper like Hunter Lane," coming to their work.

But really, I just wanted to stupid twenty year old to get in and then get out. Or better yet, not even show up.

My mom had asked me a week or two back, why I was so unhappy about him coming to Sandy Shores. I've never met the guy, so why not give him a chance?

Well my answer was simple. He was attractive, and lord he knew it. Not to mention, half of the female population wanted to get in his pants and with that bit of knowledge, he had a large ego.

I could clearly picture him walking in to the clinic, calling the place, "a rundown pile of crap," and then go straight to winking and flirting with Sandra. He probably would with Lucy too if she didn't have her baby bump. Both of them were drop dead gorgeous and would be considerable one night stands for the guy.

"If you're really annoyed about him coming, why'd you not request today off," Jerry asked me.

Everybody looked over at me and I just shrugged.

"I didn't want to miss the drama."

"Or maybe you just wanted to snatch him up for yourself," Sandra winked.

I fake gagged and threw my taco wrapper at her. "Not even in his wildest dreams."

"Well how about this, Ava. If you behave, then I'll let you take Jinx home."

I sat up straight and snapped my head over to look at Tony.

"Really," I chimed. "I can have him?"

Tony nodded.

He was well aware of my love for the small calico kitten that we found under the clinic a few weeks ago. His left paw was broken and he's had to have a small cast on since he was placed in our care.

For some reason, the name Jinx instantly popped into my mind whenever I saw his different colored eyes. Everybody quickly agreed the name was adorable, but I shouldn't get too attached since someone would quickly snatch him up.

I guess in a way... his name jinxed him.

"Would your mom go for it?" Lucy asked me.

I nodded.

She was more than okay with pets. Our fat, orange tabby cat, Snaps, was one I brought home from the clinic last year. The year before the, Tony gave my mom our small corgi, Watson.

Emily has been talking about wanting another cat lately and mom has already given me the approval. I was just waiting to have enough money to pay the adoption fee, since I hated taking one for free from Tony.

But hey... if this was going to be a horrible afternoon, I wasn't opposed to a bribe.

I was going to agree with the offer, but a loud banging on the doors stopped me.

"Crap, they're early!" Tony practically shouted while jumping up from his seat.

All of us scrambled to clean up and get ready as the banging continued.

"Hot shot got his panties in a twist or something? Can't they wait," I fumed while shoving my last taco into the fridge.

"Ava, watch it. They're here now, so perfect behavior. If you do so, Jinx is all yours. Sound like a deal?"

I looked over at Tony and nodded.

I'd bite my tongue while he was here, just so I could get my kitten. But as soon as his car drove off, I would be spitting out every insult in the book about him.

"Good. Now let's go welcome our guest."

Everybody exited the room, but I made sure to be the last one out.

The banging was still going on and now some voice was shouting at us to answer the door already.

"Guest? More like the devil himself... Someone get the holy water and phone the Winchesters."