Chapter Seventy Two- Poe.

"How do you feel?" I ask Lyra, watching as she rolls her eyes annoyedly.

Today Lyra was released from the infirmary after spending a week in there, and although they say she's fine, I still can't help but worry for her safety.

What if she isn't fine?

Lyra sighs, giving me a stern look. "Poe, for the billionth time, I'm okay." She assures. "So, please, stop asking that!"

"I'm just being a good friend!" I say. "Many things could go wrong! You could fall and break your leg, or you could get shot. This is a very dangerous mission! I don't see why you didn't just go to Yavin early with some of the other members of the base."

"Poe!" She snaps. "Stop it. I've been locked up in that stupid infirmary for a week now, I need to be free! I need to get back out there and fight! This war isn't over yet, and I want to help end it. If you get in my way, I'll break your leg. Got it?"

"Okay, okay," I say, putting my hands up in surrender. "I'll leave you alone. But if anything happens, tell me. Deal?"

She shrugs. "Deal, I guess."

"Are the two of you done flirting yet?" Rose asks. "If so, we're here."

"We weren't flirting!" Lyra snaps.

"Alright, if you say so."

~

I step off the ship and onto the hard ground, sighing.

This place has caused so many issues for the galaxy, and today is the day we get to burn it to the ground, just like they did to the Jedi academy.

This day will be celebrated and remembered for years and year to come, I assume.

Lyra's voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Let's just get this over with," she says, then shoots at the nearing and armed stormtroopers.

I shrug, and follow behind her.

~

"What are we exactly doing?" Caden asks. "I mean, I realize what we're doing. We're taking the first order down. But what else? Killing stormtroopers? Burning down buildings? Isn't that everything the resistance is against?"

"Not if it's to protect our galaxy." Luke states. "This place has ruled the galaxy for far too long. That ends today."

Suddenly I hear a loud high-pitched cry.

We all share glances before I decide to check what is.

I hesitantly follow the noise, my blaster held in case it's a trap. Finally I reach wherever it's coming from.

On one side of the room, is small cribs made of some sort of metal, while on the other side there's bunk beds, made out of the same thing.

I sigh.

This is where they held the children that they kidnapped to become stormtroopers.

"...hello?" I hear a small voice say, causing me to quickly turn around just so I can see who it is.

I see a little boy, probably around the age of six, looking up at me with his big blue eyes. I sigh again, crouching down next to him.

"Hello."

"Are you here to hurt us?" He asks, suddenly worried. I shake my head.

"No, no, I'm not here to hurt you." I reply. "I'm Poe. My friends and I ate here to save you."

"Really?!" He asks, his face lighting up. "Are you going to take us back to our mommies and daddies?"

I smile and nod. "Yep, we're going to take you back to your families." I assure, he smiles. "Hey, buddy, could you please tell me your name?"

"Mm-hm!" He nods. "My name is Milo Jay, and this is my sister, Riley Jay."

A little girl crawls out from under one of the bunks, and walks towards the little boy, Milo.

"Hello, sir." She greets.

"Is there anyone else here?" I ask, she shakes her head.

"No, they took them away," she states, looking down.

"Yeah, they said they're taking them to 'train' and 'battle' because they're older." Milo informs. "Us three are the only ones left."

"You three?" Luke asks, the two of them nod.

"Yep, they're right," Lyra says, sighing. "Luke, Poe, I think you're gonna want to look at this."

I walk towards the crib, seeing a small infant inside, crying.

The baby is definitely less then a month old. I'm assuming it's about two or three weeks, if that. All it wears is a small onesie and diaper, causing it to shiver.

On the crib I see a small piece of paper, explaining stuff about the baby. According to this, it says the baby is two weeks old and is a girl.

Lyra gently picks the baby girl up.

A question suddenly hits me:

How are we going to find their parents?

~

Miraculously, we found the siblings parents.

Apparently they're from the planet Naboo, and both Milo and Riley were reported missing eight months ago by their parents and were never found.

That is, until today.

Sadly, we didn't get very great news for baby girl.

Apparently her real name is Stella Hope Dawson.

And her parents were killed on Crait by the First Order two weeks ago, and she has no other family she could go to.

She's an orphan now.

~

We watch as the two siblings run to their parents, huge smiles spread across their faces. "Thank you!" Says their mother, as she wipes the tears from her eyes.

"Thank you, Poe!" Milo exclaims. "Bye!"

"You're welcome!" I call, walking back to the ship. "Bye!"

Finally I reach the ship, seeing Lyra holding the small baby girl, Stella. I sigh.

What are we going to do with her?

"We reunited the siblings," Lyra states. "now what do we do with the baby?"

"I don't know, take her to the nearest orphanage?" Someone suggests, making me angry for some reason.

"No!" Lyra snaps, almost as that persons comment made her angry, as well.

"Then what do you suggest we do?"

"I don't know." Lyra says, sighing. "Just-just nothing like that. Almost all of our friends grew up without anyone to take care of them. This baby deserves better."

"I agree." I say.

"What do we do, then?" Lyra asks.

Suddenly an idea pops in my head. I don't know if it's a good idea, or if it's a bad. It could go either way.

"Well, we could adopt her."