Chapter Fifty Seven- Lyra.

"So... this is Crait?" Poe asks, stepping off of his X-wing and onto the hard white ground. He scans his surroundings, and then turns to Luke, Rey, and Finn. "Hm, you guys weren't kidding when you said it was cold. Were you?"

"Why would we joke about something like this?" Finn asks. "Of course we were telling the truth. This is exactly what the planet looked like and felt like."

"I wish it wasn't." He mutters, then walks off.

"What's his problem?" My dad asks, turning to the trio of force sensitives.

"Oh, they saw him die." I state, he quickly turns towards me. "In their vision, they saw him get killed here. Right on this planet."

"Oh," he says. "oh, well, that really stinks."

"It does."

"Wait a minute - Poe's going to die?" My mom asks. "Sweetie, why didn't you tell me this?"

"He isn't going to die!" I snap. "Why would you say that?!"

"Alright, alright," she says. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

"You shouldn't have." I agree. "Because we'll stop this. Poe isn't going to die. I'm not going to let him. I won't lose him."

"Okay, calm down." She replies. "I'm so very sorry. I won't say anything like that ever again."

"Good." I state. "Never EVER again!"

"Alright!"

"Okay."

"Now, do want us to show you to your bunk? This base is set up very differently." My dad offers, I shrug.

"The three of us haven't spent time together in awhile." I say. "So, why not?"

"Alright, good."

~

"This base IS different!" I exclaim, looking around. "And, it's freaking freezing. Papa, could I maybe borrow your coat, please?"

"Uh, which one?" He asks.

"The big fluffy blue one."

"Gosh, you and your mother are always stealing that." He mutters. "And, to answer your question, no. I don't have it with me right now. I already put it in the bunk and I forgot which number it is. Why? You don't have yours?.

"No." I reply. "I forgot it."

"Where?"

"In my bunk..."

"Oh, then go get it."

"No no, you didn't let me finish." I inform. "It's in my bunk at the other base."

"Oh, Lyra," he says. "Why are you so irresponsible?"

"You can kill twenty stormtroopers all at once but you can't keep track of your own jacket." She states.

"Mom, papa, I'm sorry." I apologize. "But on the bright side, I have about two extra lighter jackets hidden in my backpack in my bunk. They're definitely not fluffy like my red one but.. they'll do."

"Alright, go get them." He says. "I don't want you to catch a cold."

"Papa," I roll my eyes. "I'm not a baby. You don't have to worry about me catching a cold. Worry about yourself catching a cold."

"Star, you're my little girl. I'll never stop worrying about you."

"Okay, papa."

~

"Hey, Poe," I greet, stepping out of my bunk and locking the door. "so, how are you enjoying this base?"

"It's alright." He states. "I think I'd enjoy it a bit more if I wasn't supposed to be killed in it."

"Are you kidding me?" I ask. "I had to have this conversation with my mom and now I have to have it with you? Poe, we aren't going to let you do. I promise."

"Wow, you seem to be convincing yourself pretty well." Poe says. "You know, Lyra, friends don't lie to each other. Are you really this calm? Or is it just all pretend?"

"It's not pretend." I insist. "Or... maybe it is. I don't know! I'm scared to death of losing you. You've literary been my best friend my whole entire life! And, we kissed. So that adds to this."

"What's 'this' exactly?"

"I don't even know!" I exclaim. "But, Poe, I don't care what anyone says, we will stop this from happening. I love you too much to let you die."

His eyes widen.

"What? No! I didn't say that. I-I don't love you. Definitely n-not."

"You ... you love me?"

"I told you, no!"

"You're lying."

"Alright, yes." I surrender. "I am lying. I do love you!"

"Well, that's good." He chuckles. "Because, I love you, too."

"Honestly, I don't even know if we're dating." I admit. "We haven't ever went on a date, and we haven't even told our friends that we like each other. But yet we kissed, and then, we said that we love each other. So we're moving a bit fast?"

"Lyra, we've known each other for almost thirty one years." Poe says. "We aren't moving too fast. If anything, we've been moving slow."

"Alright, but we aren't getting married." I state. "At least, not for another year or so. I want to make sure we actually are meant for each other-"

"-Got it, Lyra."

"Thanks, Poe." I say, smiling. "Anyway, I need to get back to my parents."

"Okay, and I need to make a plan so I don't accidentally die."

"Alright, bye Poe."

"Bye Lyra."

A/N:

I'm so sorry I didn't update sooner!

I was writing, but I didn't know who's point of view to make it. I was going to do Rey's, but I decided to save that for a VERY important chapter coming soon. And then I wanted to do Cassian's, but I felt this one would be better.

(It's not that I don't like Jyn and Cassian, I love them! But I am trying to save those for their own story, which is already out, and called Our Unfinished Destiny, by the way.)

Once again, thanks for reading. I love your feedback! And, most importantly, try and keep the comment section spoiler free for at least a week or two after the movies been released. See you later!!!