Chapter Fifty Five- Poe.

I sit silently in the hallway with BB-8 beside me, asking questions every now and then.

I can't believe I told Lyra that. That I have 'feelings' for her or whatever. I may have just ruined the best friendship I've ever had. And it pains me.

Gosh I feel so stupid!

Odd enough, our friendship started the day she was born.

She was born a few weeks early, meaning she wasn't the healthiest infant in the galaxy. The whole base was a mess, and all the doctors said that there was no hope.

I had hope.

I was only two at the time, but I had hope.

Suddenly BB-8 says something, causing me to snap out of my thoughts. I turn to him.

"What?" I ask.

BeeBee makes another noise.

"BeeBee, for twentieth time, I am not alright!" I inform. "I just made a fool of myself. Of course I'm not."

Sad beep.

"BeeBee, of course I forgive you."

Happy beep.

"Hey," I hear Lyra say, I turn around to see her walking towards me. "how are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Th-that's good."

"Shh, BeeBee, shh."

"Um, can we talk?" Lyra asks. "...Alone?"

"I'm kind of busy."

"Doing what?"

"Sitting in the hallway."

"BeeBee, can you please go play with R2?" Lyra questions.

Angry beep.

"-BEEBEE!" I exclaim. "Listen to Lyra. Now."

He makes another noise, and rolls off.

"I'm sorry." I apologize. "BeeBee is in a bit of a mood today."

"Ah, well, he's just upset because he's afraid of losing you." Lyra says, sitting down next to me. "Some people take news differently, and apparently BeeBee takes it with attitude."

I laugh slightly. "And you apparently take news by shooting a blaster at the sky."

"It helps."

"No it doesn't."

"You're right it doesn't, but it's fun."

"So, what did you come to talk to me about?" I ask. "I think I have an idea. I hope I'm wrong, though."

"...You're right." Lyra says slowly. "I came to talk to you about what you said."

"Goodness." I mutter. "Really?"

Lyra sighs. "Yes."

"Alright, so what are you going to tell me?" I ask. "That you aren't interested? You like someone else? You know, I always thought if I ever had kids, I'd have a daughter named Stella. Because Stella means star, and your name means star. So it really fits. But I won't ever have that life now, I'm going to die, and-"

"-Poe," she says.

"What?"

Without saying another word, she kisses me, causing my eyes to widen in surprise.

After a second, we break apart.

"...That was unexpected." I state, my face bright red. "I didn't think you liked me?"