Chapter Thirty Three- Finn.

"Rey?" I question, taking a step closer to her. "They said you were dead. They told me they killed you. But ... you're not. Are you alright?"

"I'm not Rey." She insists.

I give her a confused look.

"What? I don't understand. What did they do to you?" I ask, taking a step back.

"They showed me who I really am." She says, turning around, breaking eye contact with us. "They let me express my anger. I finally feel free."

"This isn't funny." Rose states. "Let's go back hom-"

Suddenly Rey turns around, her hand raised.

I look at Rose, noticing she's having trouble breathing. Her hands are up to her neck, as if she's attempting to pry someone's hands off.

Immediately I realize what she's doing.

"Rey!" I shout. "Don't do this! Don't kill Rose, she's your friend."

"I have no friends." She snaps. "I have no family!"

"You and I both know that's not true." Poe argues, fear in his voice. "Don't hurt her."

Rey unexpectedly drops her, and for a moment I believe she's back. But the look on her face tells me different.

Rey takes her lightsaber from her belt, igniting it to reveal the crimson color of the blade. Fear rises inside of me.

"Go," I say, looking back to the trio. "get out of here. Don't worry about me."

They nod, not hesitating to get up and run.

I turn back to Rey. The evil look on her face is indescribable. She has so much hate in her eyes, and underneath all that anger I can almost see pain.

"Rey," I begin. "this isn't you, come back to us."

"I told you - no!" She states, beginning to walk towards me.

"Then I guess we'll have it your way." I sigh, bringing the blue lightsaber hidden in the other room into my hand. "I didn't want to have to fight you."

Our blades clash together, the colors of blue and red mixing together and making a purple color.

I keep my attention directly on her, dodging every attempt at killing me. She does the same when I try and grab her.

"What did they do to you?" I ask again, ducking as she brings the blade to my head.

"I told you."

~

Fifteen minutes pass, and the battle continues. I feel myself growing tired. I hope Rey feels the same and soon will give up, but I know she won't. She's just too powerful.

"Give up," she hisses. "I know you want to. I sense it. So just do it."

"Not until you come back to me." I reply.

"Face it, Finn," Rey snaps. "I don't love you. I've never loved you or those people you call friends."

I swear I can feel my heart shatter at her words. They repeat in my mind.

I never loved you.

Before I know it, she has her lightsaber up and ready to strike. She slashes my leg and side, causing me to drop the lightsaber and fall.

She corners me against the wall, circling around me, lightsaber in hand.

"Rey!" I shout, my voice shaking. "You and me. We met on Jakku. I crash landed. I saw you beating up those people. You were protecting BB-8. That day started off terrible for me. I thought I lost my friend. But turns out I didn't. And in that same day I gained a new one. Rey, I love you. Please, don't do this. I know you're still in there. Come back!"

Suddenly she raises her lightsaber.

I close my eyes tightly, preparing for death. But it never comes.

"Rey,"

I hesitantly open my eyes, see Rey is no longer looking at me. Instead she stares at the cloaked figure a few feet away from us.

The figure walks closer. "Don't do this."

"Just who I wanted to see." She replies, hate filled in her voice.

The figure ignites his lightsaber, the green blade appearing, as he drops his cloak.

And then I realize who it is.

Luke.