Chapter 59: stay

The next morning I turned up at the recording studio to record some songs I have been writing, I think they all sound awful but I have to submit something to get the grades. I can't stop thinking about the situation with Brad and Jasmine, if it wasn't his then why would she come and tell him personally? Why couldn't she go and have the baby and then tell Brad so we didn't have to be in this mess, I still love Brad and I always will but if he has a child with another girl then I'm not so sure how happy I'm gonna be with him. He's going to have to spend time with that child and with Jasmine, to me it will look like they are more than a family than me and Brad would be. I haven't spoken to Brad since I walked out on him yesterday and yeah I do feel a bit bad but I'm upset, he needs to know that, I know she got pregnant before I got with Brad but he is my boyfriend and he shouldn't have made silly mistakes in the past.

I walked past a recording studio to grab a guitar and heard a faint guitar sound coming from inside the room, I peaked through the window in the door to see Brad looking very upset whilst strumming a guitar. He stopped every so often to write a few lyrics down and then continued to strum again, I wonder what he is writing.

He looked up at the door and I quickly ducked before he could see me, I heard a faint sigh coming from the room before he began to play a tune on the guitar and started to sing, I peaked through the door once more.

Ain't it sad when you miss a closing door
Turn around, have to wait for something more
Dum dada dada dadum
Gets me mad that I left it all too late
Swept in the breeze, now I watch it drift away
Dum dada dada dadum

So you can find me
The tallest building in the tallest city
And I will build a ladder to the rooftops
Screaming from my lungs, "I'm sorry, I messed up"

So darling won't you stay here?
I promise I can change
And darling if you stay here
It won't be a mistake
I know every conversation, it always ends the same
So darling if you stay here
I'll find the words I couldn't say
Oh, but only if you stay

Truth be told, I'm a mess when you're away
And I'm afraid you'll make me pay for my mistakes
Dum dada dada dadum

See you can find me
The tallest building in the tallest city
And I will build a ladder to the rooftops
Screaming from my lungs, "I'm sorry, I messed up"

So darling won't you stay here?
I promise I can change
And darling if you stay here
It won't be a mistake
And we can hide under the duvet
And time will have to wait
And you can wear my favorite t-shirt
And we can waste away the days
But only if you stay

Cut ties and moments just fade away (only if you stay)
Just smiles through every memory (only if you stay here)
Grow old with or without me (oh baby please just stay here)
But I'll stay asking for you to stay (I'm asking you to stay)
Cut ties and moments just fade away (I'm asking you to stay)
Just smiled through every memory (Oh and darling won't you stay?)
Grow old with or without me (and tell me that you'll stay)
But I'll stay asking for you to stay

So darling won't you stay here?
I'm asking you to wait
And darling if you stay here
I promise I can change

He finished strumming the guitar and placed it down before resting his head in his hands, I heard a few sobs coming from him as I slowly opened the door, he looked up at me before wiping a few tears away and then looked back down at the floor. "Brad..." I mumbled, I grabbed a chair and put it next to him with caution before sitting on the edge of my seat. "What do you want?" He asked in a grumpy voice, I fiddled with my hands in my lap before sighing. "I just want you to make a decision." I explained and he turned his head a little to look at me. "What decision?" He asked and I leaned forward a little so I was level with him. "Either go with her or stay with me." I explained. "But the child..." Brad started but I shook my head. "You can still see the child if you stay with me, but you also have the option to just go with her. I'm not going to stop you..." I said and he sighed. "I'm so confused." Brad mumbled as I sat back in my chair. "I wanna stay with you Hayley, but I need to be there for Jasmine as well because she can't do this on her own." Brad explained. "You don't even know if it is your child." I mumbled and Brad sighed. "I hope it's not..." Brad mumbled in return and then we both looked at each other. "This was your mistake." I replied. "I know, I was stupid before I got with you and now I have to pay the consequences." Brad explained. "If it is yours... Which I doubt it is." I replied. "How do you know that?" He asked. "Because she has slept with lots of other people around the same time that she slept with you." I answered and he nodded. "I guess." He replied.