Chapter 24: the last day of term

It is now the last day of university before we break up for the two week holiday and this is also the day we have to play our recorded song to the class which I am nervous about, I'm not sure why though because I don't actually sing in it, I just play a bit of the guitar. I sat down in my seat with the other boys and we waited for the professor to walk in. "I'm really nervous." Connor stated and we all nodded in return. "I'm not sure why though because I'm used to recording songs." Connor continued. "It's because you've never played one of your songs to this many people before." James answered. "We have to get used to this if we want to be a band." Tristan commented and the boys nodded. "Are you ok Hayley?" Tristan asked and I nodded. "A bit nervous but nothing major, I just play the guitar." I explained as I felt Brad rest his hand on my knee under the table, I gave him a confused look and he winked at me, is he trying to tell me something?

"Ok class! Today is the day you will be playing your recorded songs to the whole class, I hope you have them with you." The professor stated as he walked into the classroom and sat down at his desk before logging onto the computer. "You should all have the songs on either a CD or a memory stick?" The professor asked and everyone nodded in reply, it turned out that we were the last group to play our song, Tristan handed the professor the memory stick and it was plugged into the computer before the play button was pressed.

You tell me you love me
You tell me you care
But I know you won't be there
No-oh-oh

I've had trouble sleeping
You feel the same
No, I bet you can't complain
About that at all

Give me it all
And I'll give it right back
Show me the bottom of this bottle
We can pick up where we left off tomorrow

She was the one who got away
She was the one who I never got to say
How much
I miss your touch
She was the one who meant the most
She was the one who I kept close
Amongst it all
So just let's fall

Not saying it's easy
But you can't deny
That we'd still stay up all night
What a waste of time

Give me it all
And I'll give it right back
Show me the bottom of this bottle
We can pick up where we left off tomorrow

She was the one who got away
She was the one who I never got to say
How much
I miss your touch
She was the one who meant the most
She was the one who I kept close
Amongst it all
So just let's fall

Tell me it'll be okay
And tell me it'll all fade away

I've walked for miles, I haven't even got that far
Told you my secrets, promised you would heal the scars
Now I've got nothing, nothing but a broken heart
No-oh

Never thought it would ever end that way
Second guessing girl I got led astray
Could you come back to me one day?

She was the one who got away
She was the one who I never got to say
How much
I miss your touch
She was the one who meant the most
She was the one who I kept close
Amongst it all
So just let's fall
One day

The song finished and the boys let their nerves float away, I couldn't help but notice that Brad was staring at me throughout the whole song, I just have a feeling he is trying to tell me something. "Well done group 3, this is a very good song indeed. You have really managed to capture the listeners attention and the listeners can also connect with the song as you have put a lot of emotion into it, I am going to award you all with a B grade for this work." The professor explained and the boys all gave each other a high five as I just awkwardly sat there. "You are all free to go and enjoy your holiday now, I will see you in two weeks." The professor explained and we all stood up before walking out of the classroom and back up to our dorm rooms, I went to walk up the last flight of stairs to my dorm as I knew this floor was the boys floor, but I felt someone grab my wrist and stopped me from walking. "Hayley." I heard Brad say as I turned around and held my notebook against my chest.

"Well done." Brad commented and I gave him a confused look. "For the song." Brad continued and I gave him a little smile. "I'm not the one that deserves the well done, you boys did all the singing." I explained. "You wrote some of the lyrics and you played the guitar so that isn't true." Brad commented and I shrugged my shoulders. "What time did you want to leave tomorrow? To go to your house?" Brad asked. "Well I was going to get the 11:45am train so we should leave here by about 11:30am as the station is only up the road." I explained. "Ok, where did you want me to meet you?" Brad asked. "By the bench we always meet at?" I asked and he nodded. "Are you sure your mum is ok with me coming round?" He asked. "To be honest with you she probably won't be there for most of the time, she's always out with her new boyfriends which means I have to look after Jodie." I explained and Brad stepped closer to me. "I hope my life doesn't turn out like that..." I mumbled. "Like what?" Brad asked. "Getting a husband, breaking up with him and then ending up  going out with random guys just because I'm lonely." I explained, Brad rested his hand on my cheek and ran his thumb along the side. "It won't, I promise." Brad stated. "How can you be so sure of that?" I asked. "I just know..." Brad continued and I just shook my head before walking up the next flight of stairs. "Can I come up?" Brad asked and I stopped walking before looking down at him. "If you want." I answered and he ran up the stairs two steps at a time.

"Wait a second." I said as I reached my dorm and Brad gave me a confused look in return, I knocked on the door and Rachel opened it. "Where is your key?" She asked. "Here." I said and held it up, both Brad and Rachel gave me a confused look. "Rachel, follow me?" I asked. "Why?" She replied. "Just trust me?" I asked, she sighed and slipped on some shoes before closing the door behind her and following me down the stairs, Brad followed behind quite confused as to what was going on. I took them both down to James and Tristan's dorm room before knocking on the door, we were greeted by James which is exactly what I wanted to happen. "Hey!" James exclaimed and I smiled. "James, would you like to actually get to know Rachel?" I asked and I saw Rachel's face turn bright red. "Erm, yeah sure." James replied and he smiled at her as she blushed. "I can't just sit and watch you two stare at each other anymore so I thought I should help push things along a little bit, have fun together." I stated and left them to it as Brad ran after me. "Do they like each other?" Brad asked and I nodded as I walked back up the stairs, I saw Brad was becoming out of breath because we had walked up and down the stairs so many times which made me smile. "How are you... Not out of... Breath?" Brad asked as he stopped on the step to get his breath back. "I have had to play many games with Jodie of running up and down the stairs, I just got used to it." I explained and he smiled as he stood up a bit straighter because he was gaining his breath back again, we finally reached my dorm room and we both took our shoes off before sitting on my bed. He smiled at me and I let out a little nervous giggle before looking down at my bed sheets.

"I am really looking forward to this week." Brad stated. "There isn't much to look forward to." I explained and he shook his head. "There is, I get to spend a whole week with you." Brad continued and I blushed a little. "I can't wait until you can finally come round my house." Brad commented and I nodded. "My dog is going to love you!" Brad exclaimed. "You have a dog?" I asked and he nodded. "She is called Jesse and she loves people." Brad explained and I smiled, he got his phone out of his pocket and showed me a photo of her. "Aw, she's cute." I commented and he nodded. "Yeah, I miss her." Brad said and put his phone back in his pocket. "Now I feel bad for asking you to come and help me this week." I stated. "Don't feel bad, I want to help you." Brad replied. "But you have to wait an extra week to see Jesse and your family." I answered. "I don't really mind because I will be with you." Brad explained and I blushed again, this week is going to be interesting...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once again if anyone sees a fault in the lyrics then please do let me know! I hope you are all enjoying this book!