Chapter 47: a new cover

"Let's record this cover then!" James chanted as we all sat down in Tristan's dorm room and the boys began to tune their guitars. "Hayley babe, are you filming for us?" Brad asked as he set the tripod up for me. "Yeah, sure." I replied and grabbed a chair before sitting in front of the camera and setting it up. It has been a few weeks since the whole situation with Brad's dream and things have been going really well for all of us, Rachel and James are the cutest couple I have ever known and they can't keep their eyes off of each other. Connor has met a girl called Poppy and they have just started dating which is sweet, Connor is such a nice boy so I think things will go well for them. Tristan is still single but he is happy with that as he is more focused on his school work than anything else.

"What song are we doing again?" Tristan asked as he sat on the box he calls his drum kit and started to hit it a few times. "Seriously? How do you not know?" James asked as he strummed his guitar. "We are doing High On Humans by Oh Wonder, how many more times do we have to tell you?" Brad explained and rolled his eyes as he stood behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders. I fiddled with the buttons on the camera and giggled at the boys reactions to Tristan's stupidity. "Ah yeah I remember now!" Tristan commented as he started to practice the beat to the song and Brad kissed the top of my head. "Bradley, go and tune your guitar." I ordered and Brad rested his chin on the top of my head. "I already have little miss bossy." Brad replied and giggled as I rolled my eyes. "Guys! The last cover we did is at 300 views!" Connor chanted as he looked down at his phone and everyone cheered. "We are getting somewhere boys!" Tristan shouted and I smiled. "We just need to attract a management company now I guess." James explained and the boys all agreed as they took their seats and I made sure the camera angle was right. "You ready Hayley?" James asked and I nodded and turned the camera on.

"Hello everyone! My name is Brad and this is Connor, James and Tristan." Brad explained as he pointed to each of the boys. "And we are The Vamps, we just wanted to thank you for all of the support we have been receiving, it's crazy to think people actually enjoy listening to us! We are going to do a cover of High On Humans by Oh Wonder, hope you enjoy." Brad said before James counted them in and they all started strumming their guitars.

I'm getting high, getting high
Getting high on humans

Sitting in the next seat, dead heat summer
Staring at the ground in a lucid light
I can feel a heart beat built like thunder
Running round my head in a holy fire
Open up the doors, let me feel that zephyr
Freshen up the air underneath the streets
Now I'm locking eyes with a silent stranger
Don't run, don't hide

And I can feel the static rising up and out your mouth
We're making waves of conversation
Got a rush of energy

'Cause I'm getting high, getting high
I'm getting high on humans
I'm getting high, getting high
I'm getting high on humans

(I'm getting high, getting high, getting high on humans)

Elevate the headstrong dead long halo
Caught up in our skin, gotta fight the grind
I can make your day glow sun to rainbow
Colour in your step, let me lose your mind
Animate the air with a stone cold question
Do you have the time? Do you hate your life?
Now I'm locking eyes with a silent stranger
Don't run, don't hide

And I can feel the static rising up and out your mouth
We're making waves of conversation
Got a rush of energy

'Cause I'm getting high, getting high
I'm getting high on humans
I'm getting high, getting high
I'm getting high on humans
Every time I meet your eyes
I can feel life come alive
And I'm getting high, getting high
I'm getting high on humans