Chapter 19: broken trust

After about 10 minutes of just crying while sitting on the bench I decided to walk back to my dorm room, I didn't want anyone to see me like this. I walked up the four flights of stairs as I tried to stop myself from crying and then eventually reached my room, I opened the door and took my shoes off before sitting on my bed. I felt my heart break a little bit more as I thought about Brad kissing Jasmine over and over. "Hayley?" I heard a voice say and then saw a lamp switch on, I looked up to see Rachel laying in bed, I must of woken her. "What's wrong?!" She asked as she saw the state I was in and ran over to give me a hug. "Brad..." I quietly mumbled, it was like my mouth didn't want to say his name. "What has he done?" She asked, I explained everything that happened and I could see the anger growing on her face towards Brad. "I don't understand, he was so nice to you." Rachel commented and I shrugged my shoulders. "It's my own fault, I should never have trusted him." I replied and then walked into the bathroom with my pjs to get changed. I walked back out and got into bed shortly after to see Rachel sitting in her own bed again. "Don't blame this on yourself, this is all Brad's fault as he told you he wasn't addicted anymore and he didn't like Jasmine but went behind your back." Rachel explained, I just sighed and laid down on my bed under the duvet cover. "I just wanna slap him around the face, might knock a bit of sense into him." Rachel said and I giggled a bit which made her laugh.

After another hour of crying I finally fell asleep and I found myself waking up at about 7am, luckily I don't have a lesson today because if I did I wouldn't be going, I never want to see Brad again. I sat up in bed to see Rachel watching TV and she gave me a little smile. "How are you feeling this morning?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders and remembered what happened last night which just made my heart break a little bit more. "I don't want to see him, don't make me see him..." I panicked and Rachel shook her head. "You don't have to see him, not today anyway." Rachel replied and I sighed. "Did you maybe want to go up to Tesco today? We need some more food and it might be a good idea for you to get some fresh air." Rachel asked. "Ok, I'll go." I replied as I slipped out of bed and got changed into something half decent before looking at myself in the mirror to see my red puffy eyes, I guess I was crying all night... "I'll be back soon." I mumbled and Rachel nodded. "Try and cheer up a little, Brad's an idiot and you can do much better than him." Rachel explained, I just sighed and walked out of the door with my phone and purse. To be honest I can't be bothered to go to Tesco today, I would rather just sit in bed and cry all day but I can't, I need to do this to stop myself from becoming depressed or something.

*bump!*

I felt myself walk into someone and fell to the floor. "Ouch." I mumbled as I sat up to see someone's legs in front of me, I looked up properly to see Bradley standing in front of me and I started to panic. "Hayley!" Brad tried to say with enthusiasm but I could see he was hungover from last night, he deserves to be. "No!" I shouted before standing up and walking down the stairs. "Hayley wait!" Brad shouted but I just kept on walking, I don't want to talk to him. He chased me down the stairs and once I reached the bottom I ran for the door as I looked behind me to see him chasing me, I looked forward and ran into someone else who seemed to grab my arms, I looked up to see it was Tristan and he pushed me behind him. "Brad you're actually an idiot" Tristan shouted and Brad gave him a very confused expression. "What?" Brad asked as he held his head in pain, it probably wasn't a good idea for him to run if he has a hangover. "You can't do that to Hayley and then expect her to be ok!" Tristan explained, he must of seen Brad kiss Jasmine last night as well. "What did I do?!" Brad asked in a confused state of mine, I went to walk off but Tristan held on to my wrist. "You don't remember? You were that drunk you can't even remember?" Tristan asked in anger. "I remember sitting with Hayley, but after that nothing." Brad explained, as far as he is concerned he was with me the whole night. "No Brad, you got very very drunk like you used to do and then you went and kissed Jasmine right in front of Hayley, she literally stood and watched it all happen." Tristan shouted, I tried to pull away from his grip but he wouldn't let me. "Tristan, let me go." I asked him quietly but instead he just pulled me into a hug which I accepted, I let the tears fall down my cheeks again as his grip tightened around me. "Hayley... You know I didn't mean to... I would never want to hurt you... I was drunk... And I..." Brad stuttered, trying to come to terms with what was happening. "You promised me you wouldn't get drunk again and that you didn't like Jasmine anymore, I trusted you and you just threw it all away." I explained through tears.