Chapter 23: don't tell me you don't want me, cos i know it's a lie

"I'm sorry about her, I'm sorry about everything that has happened. I have messed up with you big time and I feel like such an idiot." Brad ranted after Jasmine left, he went to turn around and walk away but something in me made my hand grab his wrist. "Don't be sorry, none of this is your fault." I replied and he looked confused. "But... You thought that I kissed Jasmine because I wanted to." Brad stated. "Yeah, I did because that's what it looked like from my point of view. But over the last few days I have noticed that you really don't like her." I explained and he nodded. "I'm sorry I got so mad at you." I continued and Brad shook his head as he turned to face me. "You had a right to be mad at me, I was an idiot." Brad said and I gave him a little smile. "Can I have a hug? I've missed those." Brad asked and I giggled a little which made him smile before nodding and I stepped closer to him, I felt his arms wrap around my waist as my head rested just below his shoulder. I have missed these hugs too but I'm not going to tell him that...

We stood in the doorway of my room for a good minute or so just hugging and enjoying each other's presence, I have missed Brad so much but even though I now trust him a little bit more he still needs to gain my full trust back which is what he will need to prove at my house. "Don't tell me you don't want me, cos I know it's a lie..." Brad randomly stated and I giggled. "What?" I asked "don't tell me you don't want to be my friend because I know you're lying." Brad explained and I smiled in the hug. "I do want to be your friend, I just find it hard to trust people." I explained and he nodded as a few more minutes of silence went by. "I'm looking forward to going to your house." Brad whispered in my ear which sent a shiver down my spine. "I wouldn't be." I replied while enjoying the hug. "Why not?" Brad asked. "My house isn't the most pleasant of places to be in." I answered and he removed his head from mine to look at me, without breaking the hug. "Can you please explain to me what's going on at home? I kind of need to know if I'm staying." Brad asked, I nodded in reply. "But before I explain can you come in? I don't want the whole corridor hearing." I explained and I nodded as he stepped in and took his shoes off while I closed the door and then took my shoes off, he followed me into the bedroom area and we both sat cross legged on the bed so we were facing each other.

"There isn't really much to say, my mum is depressed and my dad lives somewhere else." I started and he looked confused. "Why is your mum depressed and why is your dad living somewhere else?" He asked. "My parents split up 4 years ago before my sister was born because they were always arguing, I would just sit upstairs in my room either listening to music or playing music to try and block out their arguing which is probably why I love it so much today. But anyway my dad moved out and ever since then my mum has been depressed because she misses my dad but he doesn't miss him, my mum isn't as bad as she used to be now because she's got the right medication and stuff but sometimes I have to look after my little sister Jodie because she can't cope with it and she doesn't want to make Jodie upset. She also prefers to be out of the house so she goes out a lot with random boys who claim to be her boyfriend and then dump her a week later." I explained and Brad nodded with a sympathetic look on his face. "Do you still see your dad?" He asked. "Not very often no, I see him at Christmas and sometimes if I'm lucky on my birthday. But as you know I live in London and he moved out to Birmingham so it's a long way to travel." I explained. "I live in Birmingham." Brad stated and I smiled. "Maybe if you wanted to see your dad more often you could come up and visit me as well, then you would have more of a reason to stay up there." Brad asked. "Yeah, I would like that." I replied and he smiled. "I'm sorry to hear about your parents, it can't be nice." Brad commented and I just nodded. "It isn't, but I got used to it." I replied. "You must be good with children then?" Brad asked. "I'm ok, I just learn as I go I guess." I replied. "I'm sure you're great at it." Brad said and I smiled.

"Anyway, I just came up here to make sure you were ok as you left Tristan's room." Brad asked. "I'm fine, I just didn't see the need to be there anymore as my job was done." I explained and Brad shook his head. "You didn't need to leave though." Brad commented and I shrugged my shoulders. "Come back to Tristan's room?" He asked. "Why?" I asked. "Because I want you there when we upload the cover." Brad stated. "It's probably already up." I replied. "Well we won't know until we go and find out." Brad explained as he jumped off of the bed, he held out his hand for me to take and waited for my reaction. "Come on?" He asked, I got off the bed as well and took his hand, why does it feel so soft.

We put our shoes on and walked back down the stairs to Tristan's room and knocked on the door to be greeted by Tristan. "Where did you two run off to?" He asked as we walked in and he closed the door. "Long story." Brad said and then I let go of his hand as I realised people would think we were going out if they saw. "Ah ok... We are just about to upload the cover as James has just finished editing it. Come and watch!" Tristan exclaimed with excitement and I giggled, me and Brad walked over to the boys in the bedroom area and I sat on the desk chair that I was previously sitting on when I recorded the cover a while ago. "5,4,3,2,1... It's up!" Connor shouted and the boys went wild with excitement which made me smile, I'm happy for them and I hope this cover does well, they deserve it because they sound really good together and they work really hard. "I can't believe the cover is up! We will have to watch the views over the next few days and see if anyone actually watches." James stated and the boys all nodded. "We need to celebrate." Tristan exclaimed. "By doing what?" Brad asked. "We could go to a theme park?" Connor asked and we all looked at him. "How? We don't have enough time to get there and back as we have to go to lessons and stuff." Tristan asked. "Go in the holidays?" I asked and the boys all looked at me. "That sounds like a good idea." Brad said and then subtlety winked at me to let me know he has got my back. "Ok... Which theme park?" James asked. "Thorpe Park?" Brad asked and the boys nodded as Brad got his phone out. "I just googled how long it will take to get from here to Thorpe Park and it says about 2 hours by car." Brad continued and the boys nodded. "I guess I'm driving then as I'm the only one who can drive." James stated and Connor nodded.

"You're coming Hayley? Right?" Brad asked and I shook my head. "I need to be at home over the holidays and this is a celebration day for you boys anyway." I explained. "But we want you there." Tristan whined and I sighed. "I need to be at home." I explained again and then looked at Brad, hoping he would understand after everything I just told him. He walked over to me and crouched down in front of me as I was sitting on a chair. "I'm sure your mum can cope for one more day, she needs to learn how to be a mum again because one day you're not going to be there." Brad whispered so nobody else could here. "But..." I started. "Please come? We all want you there." Brad asked and I sighed. "Fine, you're gonna be sick of me by the end of this holiday." I stated and Brad giggled as he stood up. "No, I won't be." He answered and then sat back on the bed.