Chapter 21: a different point of view

Today is the day that me and the boys go into the studio and start writing our song, I'm not going to lie I am a bit nervous to see Brad again as things still aren't back to normal but I hope I can still focus on writing this song. "I'm staying here today Hayley." Rachel commented as I opened my wardrobe to chose my outfit for today. "Ok cool, I should be back this afternoon as I'm only recording with the boys in the morning." I explained. "Ok." She replied as I rummaged through my clothes. Today I decided on a white vest top with a grey jumper over the top, some blue denim jeans and some cute ugg boots as Autumn seems to be coming early this year.

"You always have such cute outfits!" Rachel exclaimed as she sat on her bed

"You always have such cute outfits!" Rachel exclaimed as she sat on her bed. "Thank you, I went on a shopping spree before I came here so I knew I would have nice clothes to wear." I explained. "I need to go shopping." Rachel replied. "I will go with you if you really want me to, but just to warn you I do get bored when it comes to shopping." I answered. "Trust me, you won't get bored shopping with me." Rachel explained and I giggled before picking up my lyric book and phone. "I will be back in a few hours, let me know if you end up going out." I commented before walking out the door and making my way down the stairs.

So much has changed this term, it's so hard to process everything that has happened. I came from a home with a depressed mum and a clingy little sister and now I'm at a university doing a course that I love with some great friends, well... Apart from the whole Brad and Jasmine situation, but that's another thing that has changed, this time a few months ago I would never of expect to have fallen for a boy. I've never found any boy attractive so me falling for Brad is actually quite a scary concept for me, but I'm sure Brad is used to dating and all that business...

I eventually stopped overthinking my life and arrived at the recording studio to see that the boys were already there messing around with all of the equipment and buttons. I looked around me to see a little vocal recording booth, an instrument recording booth and a little section with chairs to have group talks and plan our song. "Hayley!" Tristan exclaimed and walked over to me before pulling me into a hug, I saw Brad over Tristan's shoulder and he looked quite jealous that I allowed Tristan to hug me. "Hey Tris." I replied and hugged him back which made Brad look down at his feet, I pulled away from him and said hello to James and Connor before sitting down. "Please don't make this awkward guys, I'm actually looking forward to this." Connor explained to me and Brad as Brad nodded. "Hi." Brad awkwardly said to me and I gave him a little smile in reply.

"I love your outfit today." Tristan commented and I giggled. "Thank you, that's two people that have said that to me today." I replied. "Who was the other person?" Tristan asked and winked which made me laugh and shake my head. "Rachel." I answered. "Ooooooh, I thought you meant a boy!" Tristan explained and I giggled.

Brad's point of view:
Me and the boys all sat down in the recording studio and as soon as we arrived everyone was messing around with the equipment, I am really excited to start writing this song because it could go towards our band if the first cover does well. Speaking of the first cover we kind of need to do that soon because it was meant to be recorded last week, but things have changed since then and I'm not so sure Hayley would want to record it for us now... I miss Hayley a lot, I miss her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her hugs, her voice and just her presence. She was the one who made me happy but I had to go and mess it all up by getting drunk again, why didn't I just listen to her when she told me to stay away from the drink and why did I have to go and kiss Jasmine! I don't like Jasmine, she is a vile person and I'm actually quite disgusted in myself for kissing her even though I don't remember it.

I feel really really bad for hurting Hayley and I'm hoping I can make it up to her when I go to her house for a week, I want to show her how much I care about her and how amazing she is because at the moment she doesn't believe it at all. I've been such an idiot...

"Hayley!" I heard Tristan shout as I snapped out of my thoughts, I looked up to see Tristan hugging her and she hugged him back which hurt a little but I can't really complain. They are just really good friends and I don't deserve a hug from her anyway, I've hurt her. "Hey Tris!" She replied and then said hello to James and Connor before sitting down, is she not even going to talk to me? "Please don't make this awkward guys, I'm actually looking forward to this." Connor explained and I nodded at him before looking at Hayley, I love her outfit today, she always looks so beautiful. "Hi." I decided to comment and she gave me a little smile in return, God I have missed that smile...

"I love your outfit today!" Tristan commented which earned him a little giggle from Hayley, I love her outfit too, I wish I could tell her that... Why is her laugh so addictive to me? I could just listen to it all day and that alone would just make me feel content. "Thank you, that's two people that have said that to me today." She replied, wait... Is there another boy about then?! "Who was the other person?" Tristan asked her and then winked, I made sure to listen to her answer clearly as I need to know if I have to back off or not. Hayley just laughed and shook her head in response. "Rachel." She replied and I seemed to let out a sigh of relief, at least I don't have to compete against another boy for her... "Ooooooh, I thought you meant another boy!" Tristan explained and she let out a little giggle again, ahhhh she is driving me insane. I want to talk to her again!

Hayley's point of view:
Eventually we all started talking about different lyrics that we wanted to use and the song started to come together really well. "I just wanna press some buttons!" Tristan exclaimed and I laughed. "No! We have to write the lyrics first. Then we can record." Connor explained, I noticed somebody move their chair closer to mine so I looked to my right to see it was Brad, he gave me a little smile in which I returned and for some reason I started to feel a little bit more comfortable around him. "Are you ok today?" He asked and I nodded. "Are you?" I asked. "Yeah, I guess." He replied and I looked down at my notebook to see what lyrics we have, at the moment we have a little bit of the first verse and it goes something like this:

You tell me you love me,
You tell me you care,
But I know you won't be there,
No-oh-oh

It's nowhere near done and we haven't even got a title for the song yet but I'm quite liking where this is going, I feel like this song is a place for us all to let out our emotions about past relationships. Well at least it is for the boys as I've never had a relationship, but I like how open and comfortable they are with each other about writing the lyrics, it helps as it makes the song more relatable to others.

"I'm quite excited to come round your house." Brad randomly commented and I looked up at him. "Don't get too excited, it's just babysitting." I explained and he smiled. "But for me it's more than that, it's time that I can spend with you and I can try and get you to trust me again." Brad replied. "I don't really know how you are going to get me to trust you again, you can't just take me on a date or tell me you like me and then expect me to be ok again." I commented and he just looked at me for a minute before talking. "I understand, I understand that I hurt you and it's going to take time but I'm willing to wait." Brad replied and that made me look up at him. "Ok." I replied and he just smiled. "I'm liking this song so far." Brad said and I nodded. "So am I." I replied. "Can you sing?" He randomly asked and I shook my head. "Nope, I sound like a dying whale when I sing." I replied and he giggled which made the butterflies appear in my stomach, a feeling I haven't felt in a while. "I'm sure that's not true, if you wanted a part in this then you're more than welcome to sing a verse." Brad explained. "Thanks for the offer but I think I will leave the singing down to you boys and I will just stick with playing the guitar." I replied and he nodded. "Well it's your choice, but the offer is there." Brad mentioned and I just nodded.

A few more minutes of silence fell between the two of us as I listened to the other boys talking to stop this moment from becoming awkward. "Are you still willing to film this cover for us?" Brad randomly stated again and I looked at him. "I guess so." I replied. "You don't have to if you don't want to." Brad stated. "I will do it, I said I would so I will." I answered and he nodded. "Are you free to do it tomorrow?" Brad asked. "Yeah, but we have a session in here tomorrow." I replied. "We always have the afternoon." Brad commented and I nodded. "Guys! We are going to record the cover tomorrow afternoon and Hayley is going to film it!" Brad exclaimed and all the boys cheered. "Finally! We are going to have a cover up on YouTube!" James commented and I smiled.