Chapter 27: "I like Brad..."

I woke up to feel a warm body holding me close and squinted a little to see Brad smiling at me while stroking my hair off of my face. "Good morning." He said with a croaky voice which made the butterfly's appear again. "Morning." I whispered as I noticed the position we were in. I had one leg over the top of his while he had one arm over my waist, his other hand stroking my hair slowly. I looked at his face to see his eyes looked tired as he was just waking up, he had a few red marks down the side of his face where he has been leaning against the pillow, his brown curls sat on top of his head in a mess and I just cannot take in how adorable he is right now... "How are you?" He asked in a deep tone as his voice cracked again. "Good, I had the best sleep I have had in weeks." I quietly mumbled and he smiled. "I wonder why..." He said and winked before I placed my cold hand on his leg as punishment for being cheeky. "Hey! That's cold!" Brad exclaimed as he removed my cold hand and I giggled. "Don't be cheeky with me then." I said and he rolled his eyes. "I'm not being cheeky, I'm being truthful." Brad stated and I just gave him a little smile. "What do you wanna do today?" I asked and Brad shrugged his shoulders. "I don't mind." Brad replied. "Well you're meant to have some big plan to get my trust back." I said and he sighed. "I know..." He said and I realised how stupid I have been, why do I keep thinking I need his trust back when it's clear to see that I do trust him again. I lifted his chin up slowly and gave him a little smile. "You know what, don't worry about it." I said and he looked confused. "Don't worry about what?" He asked. "Trying to get my trust back, last night proved enough to me." I explained and he held my hand. "Really?" He asked.

"Hayley!" Jodie shouted and ran into my room to see me and Brad laying next to each other, a confused look spread across her face and I jumped out of bed. "What?... What's wrong?" I asked feeling quite embarrassed with myself. "I... I just want some breakfast..." Jodie said, she couldn't take her eyes off of Brad which made me feel bad. "Ok, come on then." I said and grabbed her hand before walking downstairs with her, how stupid can I get? I can't act like this with Brad around Jodie because she's scared enough as it is about mum getting new boyfriends. I sat her down on the kitchen table and crouched down in front of her. "What would you like?" I asked and she looked quite sad towards me. "What's wrong?" I asked and held her hands. "Do you like Brad?" She asked and I had no idea what to say to that, I don't even know myself if I like Brad... "Why?" I asked. "Promise not to tell?" She whispered in a cute little voice and I nodded. "I like Brad..." She said in an innocent voice and I smiled, she's got her first ever crush on someone. She's in that faze where she likes someone and starts to think they are her boyfriend because she's young and she doesn't really understand. "Do you?" I asked and she nodded. "That's ok, you can have him." I said to try and make her feel better, of course I don't mean it because that's not right, but if it makes her happier then why not. "But you need to tell him you like him." I continued and she looked scared. "Why?..." She asked in a cute little voice. "Well how do you expect to marry someone if they don't know about it?" I said and she looked sad again. "Can I just pretend he is my boyfriend?" She asked and I giggled, I love how cute she is being right now. "Yeah." I said and she smiled. "Now, what do you want for breakfast?" I asked. "Toast." She said and I placed a bit of toast in the toaster. What do you want on it?" I asked. "Jam!" She exclaimed as the toast popped out of the toaster and I began to spread the butter and jam over it before cutting it into triangles and giving it to her on a plastic plate.

"Hayley..." I heard Brad say from the doorway and I looked up at him before looking down at Jodie to see she had gone all awkward, I smiled and stroked her hair a little before walking over to him. "Is she ok?" He asked and I nodded. "She just has a little crush on you..." I said and Brad looked concerned. "Should I be worried or..." Brad started but I just giggled. "It's normal for kids her age to find someone older attractive, after a few months she will be over it. She might just ask you to play a few more rounds of teddy bears picnic." I said and went to wash up her plate once she was finished, she ran out of the room and Brad sat down on a chair. "You really do get all the ladies don't you Brad." I said as I placed the plate on the draining board. "Apparently so..." He replied and started to fiddle around with the table mats. "Are you ok?" I asked as I dried my hands with a tea towel. "We were having such a nice time earlier." Brad said and looked up at me before I nodded. "When there is a 9 year old in the house it's difficult to have alone time." I said and Brad nodded. "Did you mean what you said last night?" Brad asked as I sat on the chair next to him. "What?" I asked. "That you feel safer around me?" Brad said and I nodded. "But please don't tell anyone..." I said and he smiled. "I won't, I promise." He said and I looked up at his messy hair, I really wish I could kiss him right now... Wait... Did I just say that I wanted to kiss him.