Chapter 30: running hands through hair

Me and Brad spent the next few ours playing with Jodie and just having a general conversation, 8 o'clock came around really quickly and Brad helped me put Jodie to bed. After this we both crashed on Brad's double bed and I sighed. "I'm so worn out! Playing in the park isn't as easy as it used to be." I explained as I laid down on my back, Brad laid down next to me on his side so his arm was propping his head up. "It was fun though." He replied and I nodded as I watched his smile enlarge and his eyes sparkle in the light, I lifted my hand up and ran my fingers through his curls before stopping to fiddle with them. I'm surprised he is letting me do this... But to me this just feels... Right... He placed his spare hand on the side of my face and gently ran his thumb along my cheek before moving his head a little closer to me so it was easier for me to run my hands through his hair, he seems to like this action.

He changed position so his head was resting on my chest and I stroked his hair back as he listened to my heart beat. "You're so perfect..." I whispered as my spare hand held his, he gave me a little smile and looked up at me before kissing my hand that he was holding. "So are you..." He mumbled and held himself up again so his forehead was resting against mine, this boy can't sit still! He slowly closed his eyes and moved his face closer before rubbing his nose lightly against mine, he is being so affectionate right now. "Sometimes... I wish you were mine..." Brad whispered as he opened his chocolate brown eyes again. I removed my hand from his hair and started to fiddle with the rings on his fingers. "Do you?" I asked and looked at the rings. "Yes, a lot." Brad said and kissed my nose which made me smile. "You're just so perfect... I love your laugh, your smile, your voice, your eyes, your sense of style, your music, your personality... Just everything about you. It's perfect, you're perfect..." Brad explained before laying down next to me on the bed, I turned to face him and he couldn't wipe the smile off of his face. "I feel the same way about you..." I said and intertwined my fingers with his, he rubbed his thumb along my knuckles and rested his forehead against mine.

"I'm just waiting for you..." Brad said and I gave him a confused look. "Waiting for me?' He asked. "Waiting for you to be ready. I don't want to force you into anything because I want you to appreciate this as much as I am right now." Brad said and I placed my hand in his hair again. "I love it when you do that..." Brad said and closed his eyes as I ran my fingers through his hair, I watched as he became very relaxed and giggled. "It calms me." Brad explained and opened his eyes again. "I'm just scared of getting hurt Brad..." I said and he smiled. "I know, which is why I hate myself for hurting you." Brad said and I shook my head before planting a lingering kiss on his forehead, this seemed to shock Brad as his mouth opened a little and his eyes gave a taken aback look. "I don't care what you did in the past anymore, I like this... Us... It's just taking me a while to come to terms with things that's all..." I said and Brad nodded. "I understand, you take your time baby girl. Just let me know what you wanna do." Brad said and my eyes widened a little. "Did you just call me baby girl?" I asked and he nodded before placing one hand on my waist and drew little circles on my hip. "Yup." Brad said and I blushed a little. "Don't be shy." Brad said and he kissed my forehead again, I want nothing more right now than to be able to kiss him properly, but I'm not sure that's what he wants.

"I should probably get into my pjs to get more comfy." Brad explained and winked before I nodded with a disappointed look spreading across my face. "What?" Brad asked. "I don't want to move." I said and Brad giggled a little. "We can always come back when we've got dressed, I'm just not very comfy in my jeans." Brad said and winked as I blushed. "Ok..." I said as he rolled off of the bed which meant my hand separated from his hair and his hand moved from my waist, for a few moments there I actually felt like I was worth something... Like I actually meant something to someone, I felt comfortable wrapped around him and I felt safe with him holding me like that which is odd because normally I feel insecure about anyone touching me. I laid down on my back as Brad picked up his pjs and smiled at me. "I will be back." Brad explained as he walked out of his room and into the bathroom, I rolled off of his double bed and walked into my own room to put my pjs on. I slipped on a baggy top with some shorts before sitting on my bed and checking my phone.

1 message from Rachel:
Hey Hayley! James has just invited me to Thorpe Park with you and the boys so I will be seeing you next week! I can't wait! Xx

I smiled at this and then placed my phone on my bedside table before hearing some singing coming from the bathroom, I slowly crept out of my room and stood by the door to hear Brad singing a song that I have never heard of before.

I'm so sorry I can't stop myself from staring at you,
When you're tired and blue,
My dear,
It's just any reason I get to be closer to youuuuuu,
I wanna shout about it,

I suddenly became engulfed into his voice and the pure beauty it held, I listened to every single note, every single voice break with detail because he sounded so amazing. I could stand here and listen to him all day. After a few more minutes of standing by the door I heard it unlock so I quickly ran into my room and watched as Brad walked into his, I saw that he was topless but had some pj trousers on and for some reason I can't take my eyes off of him. I peaked around his door so he couldn't see me to see him sitting on his bed with the biggest smile on his face. What is he so happy about? After a few minutes of me staring at his perfect chest I panicked as he stood up and began to walk over to his door, I ran into my room and jumped on my bed before picking up the first book I could find and opening it to a random chapter.

*knock knock*

"Come in!" I said and tried to hide my panic as I watched Brad open the door and smile. "What you doing?" He asked and closed the door before walking over to me and sitting on my bed. "Reading." I said and Brad smiled. "What?" I asked. "How can you read a book if it is upside down?" He asked and I looked at the words to see they were upside down, I looked at the upside down cover and sighed before placing the book down. I looked at him to see he had put a T-shirt on which disappointed me... But I can't just expect him to be topless around me, we aren't actually dating or in a relationship... I don't really know what we are. "Did you wanna sleep in my room or your room tonight?" Brad asked, I wanted to say his room because his bed is bigger and comfier but I can't. "I don't mind." I replied and he shuffled closer to me before standing up and pulling me towards him. "What are you doing?" I asked and he picked me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist to try and stop myself from falling. "Brad!" I exclaimed. "Shhhhh... We will wake Jodie up." Brad said and winked, he walked out of my room before turning the light off, he then walked into his room and closed the door behind him before softly laying me down on my back on his bed.

"You're like an open book Hayley, I can tell what you really want." Brad explained meaning that he could tell I wanted to sleep in his room tonight, we both climbed under the duvet covers before Brad pulled me closer to him and smiled. "Can you do that thing where you run your hand through my hair? It really calms me." Brad explained and I giggled a little before slowly threading my hands into his hair and fiddling with his curls, his eyes slowly closed in satisfaction and it made me happy to see him so calm and relaxed around me. "Hayley." Brad mumbled. "Mhm." I replied and he opened his eyes to look at me. "I really like you..." Brad said and wrapped his arms around my waist to pull me closer to him, our body's are now touching and he feels so warm. "I really like you too." I replied and looked at him, he rested his forehead against mine again as my fingers kept on running through his hair. "I hope you don't take too much longer to decide what you want." Brad explained and I smiled. "I won't." I replied and watched as my hand running through his hair made him become sleepy. "I'm going to... Fall asleep if you... Don't stop." He said as he tried to keep his eyes open. "Don't fight it baby, just fall asleep... I've got you..." I replied and he smiled. "Baby?" He asked and I nodded before his eyes couldn't fight the tiredness any longer, I smiled as he drifted off to sleep and planted a long kiss on top of his head. "Goodnight Bradley." I mumbled as I snuggled into him and slowly fell asleep myself. Night times are always better when he is around, I think I might be ready for a relationship with this handsome man... Just maybe...