Chapter 6: I've got my shades on, like I'm rocking Barbados

Eventually we all decided that we had spent enough time at the beach and started to make our way back, I looked behind me once more at the beach before running to catch up with the boys. "Thank you for coming with us today." Tristan commented and I smiled. "My pleasure, I actually enjoyed myself and it was nice to just let go and have a bit of fun for once." I explained and they all smiled at me. "You boys can head back if you want, I need to stop off at the local Tesco around the corner." I mentioned. "I can come with you if you like?" Brad asked. "It's ok, you can go back." I replied. "I need to go anyway to get some food." Brad explained. "That's why I'm going." I said and giggled which caused Brad to smile in return. "Looks like I'm coming with you then." Brad said and winked which started the butterflies in my stomach again.

"We will see you two back at Uni then." Connor stated and then walked off with Tristan and James, I turned to look at Brad and he smiled. "Are you really buying food?" I asked and he shook his head. "No, I just made up an excuse." Brad explained. "Why?" I asked as we made our way to Tesco. "So I can spend some more time with you." Brad explained and I looked down at the floor while walking around the corner. "What's wrong?" He asked and I turned my head to look at him. "Nothing, I'm fine" I replied and crossed the road. "I don't believe you, you're like an open book, so easy to read." Brad commented, that is pretty much exactly what Rachel said the other day.

He stopped me from walking and looked at me with those dark chocolate brown eyes, I can never say no when he does this. He put his sunglasses on as the sun decided to come out and I giggled, he always manages to cheer me up with the smallest things. "I have got my shades on and now I feel like I am rocking Barbados." Brad stated and I laughed with a confused look. "What are you on about?" I asked as we started walking again. "I've always wanted to go to Barbados so when I put my shades on I just feel like I'm in Barbados." Brad explained and I laughed as we walked through the doors and into Tesco. "You're weird." I mentioned and laughed. "I try." Brad said and then had to take his sunglasses off as we were inside, he gave me a cheeky wink and I giggled before picking up a basket. "But seriously, what is wrong?" Brad asked. "I just don't think you should get too attached to me." I explained. "Don't tell me, because of Jasmine?" Brad asked and I nodded. "I am going to clarify this for you, I am not with Jasmine and I don't really like her. She used to be alright in senior school and then she changed once we reached university, she just wanted me for attention because I became popular." Brad explained as I picked up some milk and butter from the fridge section. "Ok." I replied and nodded at him.

"So, what else do you need?" Brad asked as he looked at the milk and butter in the basket. "Bread, tea bags, sugar, ice cream, ham and toothpaste." I replied as he followed me down the aisle. "ice cream?" He asked and I giggled. "Yeah, Rachel wanted me to get some." I explained. "Who's Rachel?" Brad asked. "Oh, she's my room mate." I replied. "Ah, I should meet her. She seems like a cool person if she sends you out to get ice cream." Brad said and I laughed at his reply. "I'm sure you will meet her soon, she seems quite keen to meet you boys." I informed him. "You've told her about us?" Brad asked. "Yeah, I just explained that you are in my music class as she was with me when Tristan asked me to move in assembly the other day." I lied and he nodded.

We walked around the rest of the store picking up the items I needed and we finally reached the ice cream section. "Which flavour?" Brad asked. "I'm not sure what she likes, I might have to call her." I replied and he nodded, I got my phone from my bag and called her. A few minutes later I had worked out that she wanted chocolate ice cream and Brad went to collect it while I said goodbye to her and put my phone away. "Thank you." I said as he put the ice cream in the basket, he took the basket from my hands and carried it himself. "This is heavy, you need to give your arms a break." Brad explained as I remembered the cuts I had on my arm. "It's just a scratch." I informed him. "I know." he replied as he walked to the tills and I followed behind him. I paid for my items and Brad helped me put them all in bags before walking out of the shop and turning the corner to walk back to uni.

We chatted for a bit longer on the walk back and we eventually found ourselves in front of the recording studio, where we met this morning. "Well, thank you for helping me." I replied as I went to take the bag that he was carrying for me. "Can I at least help you carry your bags up to your dorm?" Brad asked. "Do you just not want to say goodbye?" I asked and giggled, this made him blush. "I just want to be helpful." Brad explained and I smiled. "If you really feel the need then you can carry it up." I replied and he smiled, we walked over to the block of dorms and he followed me up the four flights of stairs. He followed me over to my door and I placed the carrier bag down as I fished around my bag for the key, I finally found it and unlocked the door before reaching down to pick up the carrier bag to find it was no longer there. I turned around to see Brad was holding it and rolled my eyes which made him giggle, I stepped into my dorm and took my shoes off before looking up to see him standing outside awkwardly holding two carrier bags.

"You can come in." I stated and he smiled a little before stepping in and closing the door behind him with his elbow. "Did you want me to take my shoes off?" Brad asked as I took the carrier bags away from him. "If you're planning on staying then yeah." I replied and walked into the kitchen area, I looked over to see Rachel running towards the carrier bags I just placed on the kitchen side, she started searching through the bags and pulled out the tub of ice cream I had bought her. "Yes! Thanks Hay, you're the best." Rachel replied, she turned around to grab a spoon but stopped in her tracks as she saw Brad awkwardly standing in the doorway of the kitchen. "Who is this?" Rachel asked as she turned her head towards me. "This is Brad." I replied and a big smile started to spread across her face. "Is he staying?" She asked me and I looked down to see that he had taken his shoes off. "I guess so." I replied and walked over to him.