Chapter 51: the truth about James

Flashback: Brad's point of view

*knock knock*
It is currently about 8:30pm and Hayley has just fallen asleep, she is so beautiful... I could just watch her all day and never get bored because she is that pretty, I wish she understood how pretty she was.

I stood up slowly to make sure I didn't wake Hayley up and walked over to the door, I opened it to see James in front of me and smiled a little. "Hey man." I said and he nodded but didn't smile back which caused a confused expression to spread over my face. "You alright?" I asked in a quiet voice so I didn't wake Hayley. "Is Hayley asleep?" James asked and I nodded. "Good, come out here so she doesn't hear any of this." James said in an angry voice as he walked down the corridor a little, I grabbed a door key before closing the door behind me silently and then followed James. "You better back off." James said and I looked confused. "Why?" I asked and his face grew angry. "Because she will be mine." James stated and I looked even more confused. "Who?" I asked. "Hayley! I like her so you need to back off. Don't need her getting too attached to you." James explained and my mouth dropped open. "But... But you are with Rachel?... You like Rachel?..." I asked, not quite sure what to think at this moment. "Yeah well, I'm a good liar I guess." James commented and my eyes probably looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets. "How could you do this to Rachel?! She is such a lovely girl!" Brad shouted. "She's good friends with Hayley, if she's such a nice girl then maybe you should leave Hayley and go with Rachel. Then I can get Hayley." James said in a cocky tone and I began to grow angry towards him.

"Listen mate... I don't know what has gotten into you but Hayley is mine, she likes me, not you. So back off before I start to get very annoyed." I explained, James laughed and slowly shook his head. "I don't think you understand, she already likes me and I have already given her a cute nickname." James explained. "She doesn't like you." I commented. "Yeah she does, you should see the way she looks at me. I think you're going to have to work a lot harder if you want to keep her." James spat and I stepped closer to him. "I have no idea what has gotten into you, but you need to stop this right now. Hayley is mine. You hear that? M.I.N.E." I clearly stated. "I can give her so much more than you ever could, you really think sticking a few candles in the room and ordering a pizza is enough for her? She is worth way more Brad." James explained and I looked down at the floor. "Up your game or lose her, or I could just show you that she has already fallen in love with me and then you won't have to bother trying." James explained and then I began to walk back to my dorm, I don't want to listen to his rubbish anymore. "Oh, and by the way." James said as we both stopped walking and turned around. "Don't tell Hayley." James said and then continued walking, I swallowed a lump in my throat.

I got back into bed with Hayley and pulled her close to me, I ran my hand through her hair a few times before placing my thumb delicately on her cheek and brushing over the top carefully. I have no idea what James' act is but he needs to back off, I need to start becoming more protective over Hayley because I don't want to lose her. I love her so much and I don't want James taking away one of my only sources of happiness, she is my world and I love her so much. Maybe James is right, maybe I do need to up my game because eventually she will just turn to James. I mean he is everything that I'm not, six pack gym addict with a healthy diet, better voice and better guitar playing skills. So maybe he is right... But I need to prove to Hayley that I'm much more than he will ever be, I need to become more protective. I will not let him do this.