Chapter 44: Harvester

"I love the Harvester!" Tristan exclaimed as we reached the restaurant after a 15 minute journey. "We know mate, that's all you've been saying for the last hour." James replied as he held Rachel's hand and I giggled as Tristan smiled back. "Table for 6 please." Connor stated as we walked in and were greeted by the waiter. "5?" The waiter asked, confused. "No, 6." Connor answered again. "I'm sorry but I can only see 5 of you." The waiter apologised and then Connor moved out the way so the waiter could see me. "Oh... Right, I'm so sorry." He explained. "It's fine." Connor said as the waiter walked off and I was wheeled into the restaurant with a very embarrassed look across my face, as we reached our table I noticed many people were staring at me just because I was in a wheelchair which made me feel even more uncomfortable. "Where do you wanna sit Hayley?" I heard Brad ask as I looked up at him. "Wherever I can fit in." I replied. "We can always sit you in the booth." Brad answered and I nodded, he carried me over to the booth and made sure I was sat up ok before he moved the wheelchair and sat next to me so he knew I was ok. "You ok?" He asked and I nodded as I looked around to see people still staring at me, I know I was picked up by Brad which looks childish but I'm not allowed to walk, surely people would understand that? "You sure?" He asked as he passed me a menu. "I'm fine." I replied and stood the menu up on the table so I could hide behind it. "What's wrong?" I heard Rachel ask but I didn't move the menu, I don't need to draw anymore attention to myself. "Hayley?" Brad asked, he moved the menu a little and then held my hand. "What's up baby girl?" He whispered in my ear and I looked at him. "People are staring at me..." I mumbled and he kissed my cheek. "No they aren't." Brad said as he looked around. "They were, it's because I am in a wheelchair." I replied. "Why care about what everyone else thinks when you have 4 boys and 1 girl around you that think you're amazing?" Brad asked as he placed the menu down properly and kissed my cheek again. "Ignore them." Brad replied and then looked down at his menu.

"What are you guys having?" Connor asked. "Well there is a free salad bar so I'm gonna go and get some of that stuff first." James replied as he stood up. "Anyone else want salad while I'm up there?" James asked and everyone shook their heads, I wanted to but it was too much of an effort to get back in my wheelchair just to go up and get some salad. "Ok then." James said as he walked off to the salad bar. "You sure you don't want anything?" Brad asked. "I do but I can't really get up there to do it." I replied, Brad slid out of the booth and wheeled my chair over to me. "Come on, I'll go with you." Brad said as he placed me in my wheelchair and everyone began to stare again. "Ignore them..." Brad mumbled as he stood behind me and wheeled me over to James and the salad. "Ah, nice of you to join me." James commented and smiled at me before I smiled back. "Go get what you want." Brad said, I wheeled myself over to the bread and picked a mini baguette up, they are so warm! I decided to spread some butter over the baguette and watched it melt over the top, just how I like it. I then got some cucumber and some sweet corn which I know sounds like a weird combination but seriously their cucumber and sweet corn is the best thing ever! "What did you get?" Brad asked as I showed him my bowl. "Oooooo that bread looks nice, I might get some of that." Brad commented and I giggled at his reaction, he walked round the other side and looked through the metal bars to see me laughing at him, he winked as he buttered the bread and then placed it on his plate. "What you laughing at?" He asked as he walked back round to me. "You." I replied and he crouched down to my level. "I love you." He answered and I smiled before leaning forward a little to kiss him. "I love you too." I replied as I pulled away and he smiled. "You're so beautiful." He replied as he ran his thumb over one of the last few scars still on my face. "Not anymore I'm not." I replied and looked down at my bowl resting on my lap. "Hayley you are beautiful, you were then, you are now and you always will be in my eyes." Brad answered and I smiled while looking at my lap. "Let's go back yeah?" He asked and I nodded as he kissed me on the lips again and wheeled me back to the boys, I was placed in the booth again and then Brad sat next to me.

"I really want the burger." Tristan replied as he continued to scan through the menu and I began to eat my bread. "Get it then." Connor replied and rolled his eyes, this must be the fifteenth time he has mentioned getting a burger. "But what if I want something else?" Tristan asked. "Then get something else." Connor said, I giggled at both of them in response, 5 year old Tristan has been unleashed. "What's everyone else getting?" Connor asked. "The chicken burger." James replied. "I'm gonna go for the burger." Tristan finally replied. "I'm getting the spaghetti bolognese." Connor replied. "Probably the steak." Brad replied as he held my hand under the table. "What about you beautiful?" Brad asked and looked at me. "Erm, maybe just a beef burger." I replied and he nodded, it's probably the easiest thing to eat because I don't meet two hands for a knife and fork. "I'm probably gonna get something with pasta." Rachel replied. "Would you like to order your drinks?" The waiter asked as he walked over. "Yeah please, can I just have a Coke please?" Tristan asked as the waiter began to write things down. "Orange juice?" Connor asked. "Just some water please." James asked. "Coke please." Brad asked. "Just some water as well please." I replied. "You sure?" Brad asked. "Yeah, I'm fine with water." I replied and he nodded. "Just some Fanta please." Rachel answered. "What about your main course? Are you ready to order?" The waiter asked and we then all ordered our food before he took the menus away and brung our drinks over.

"I think we should do another cover boys." Brad mentioned. "Yeah sure, which song?" James asked as he took a sip of his water. "Well Hayley mentioned Lego House by Ed Sheeran a few weeks ago." Brad mentioned. "That's a good idea, but what about Mr. Brightside by The Killers?" Tristan asked and then the boys got really excited about that one which I'm happy about, I don't want them to always use my ideas anyway because they aren't as good as what the boys ideas are. "I guess that answers that question then." James replied. "I'm excited for this one, it's a good song." Tristan replied. "Well we have to learn it first." Connor commented. "That won't take long." Tristan answered. "Maybe Hayley can film it again?" Brad asked, he seems to be desperately trying to get me involved in this. "If she wants to yeah." Tristan replied. "I don't mind, but I don't wanna get in the way or anything." I commented. "You won't be in the way, we like having you around." Connor answered. "I perform better when I'm with you." Brad mumbled and I smiled a little. "I'm sure that's not true." I replied. "It is, I couldn't perform at all in class when you weren't there. It's like you give me the confidence." Brad explained and I smiled. "That's sweet." I mentioned and all of a sudden his lips were on mine. "I... Love... You..." Brad mumbled between kisses as I kissed him back. "Woah guys, keep it to the bedroom maybe?" Connor replied as Brad pulled away and gave a grumpy look towards Connor. "Hey don't be mad at him, he's right." He replied as I kissed his cheek. "But I wanna kiss you." Brad mumbled. "There is always time for that later." I replied and winked at him which made him smile.

Our food came a little while later and it didn't take us long to finish it all off, me and Brad haven't eaten properly in weeks and the other boys were hungry too. "I am so glad I went for that burger." Tristan commented as he took the last bite and sat back in his chair. "I am stuffed!" James replied. "So am I but I really wanted to have pudding." Connor whined and I laughed as I look a sip of my water. "How was yours?" Brad asked. "Good, yours?" I asked. "Mine was good too." He replied and I smiled before wiping some ketchup from around his mouth with a napkin. "Thanks." He said and pecked my lips. "Ew, that tasted of steak." I replied and he laughed. "Don't you like steak?" He asked. "I don't mind it." I answered and he continued to laugh. "Give me a kiss?" He asked. "No, you taste of steak." I replied. "Please?..." He whimpered and used his puppy eyes which I couldn't resist so I ended up kissing him. "Better?" I asked and he nodded. "Who's paying?" James asked. "Me." Brad replied as the waiter came over with the bill. "You sure, we can pay for our own meals if you want." Connor asked. "No it's fine." Brad replied as he paid with his card and then put his wallet away. "Thanks Brad." The boys commented as everyone stood up and Brad placed me in my wheelchair. "No problem." He replied and wheeled me out of the restaurant behind the other boys, the cold air hit me as we stepped outside and I pulled my jacket around me. "Do you want my coat?" Brad asked. "No it's fine, you will get cold." I replied. "No I brought a spare one." Brad said as he passed it to me and I wrapped it around me as best as I could, we arrived back at uni within 15 minutes and the boys once again helped me get up to my dorm. I got dressed with Brad's help and then sat on my bed while he got his pjs on and sat down next to me, Rachel has gone up to James and Tristan's dorm.