Chapter 49: naps

I woke up and slowly opened my eyes to see my head was resting on Brad's chest, I sighed a breath of satisfaction due to how comfy I am and slowly lifted my head to see Brad was asleep. I picked up Brad's phone which was laying on the bed next to me to see the time was 8:30pm, I must of only had a short nap. I unlocked Brad's phone to play a game on it and after about half an hour of playing the game I decided to scroll through his Instagram feed to see what sort of pages he follows, he doesn't mind me going through his phone and I don't mind him going through mine, we both have nothing to hide... Well at least I hope he doesn't. After about 5 minutes of scrolling I worked out that he follows a lot of his favourite bands and lots of dog pages (including his own dogs Instagram page) and then put his phone down before looking up at him.

He looks so peaceful just laying there, his curls all squished to the side of his face and a little red mark on his cheek from where he had been leaning on the pillow. His mouth is slightly open and his lips look so plump and kissable, my eyes scanned over his little button nose and then glanced over his chest and muscular arms before carefully tracing little patterns on his stomach, I love the fact that he isn't too muscular and still has a little podgy stomach, it's adorable.

I looked up to see his eyes were open a little and small smile danced on his lips, his arm moved so it sat on my waist and he held me close to his body. "Hmmm." Brad mumbled through his throat and I gave him a confused look. "Don't move, I'm warm." Brad finally explained with a croaky voice from where he had just woken up, I smiled and continued to trace little patterns on his chest. "Did we fall asleep?" He asked in a low voice and I nodded. "I hope you don't mind but I played on your phone while you were asleep." I explained and Brad ran his hand through my hair. "I don't mind." He croaked and then coughed to try and clear his throat. "You got a sore throat?" I asked. "Not really, I'm just getting used to singing a lot I guess." He replied and I nodded. "Wanna watch a movie?" He asked after a few minutes of silence. "Yeah but I don't wanna move to switch it on." I replied and Brad smiled. "Me either." He answered and we both giggled.

*knock knock*

I looked over at the door and sighed before Brad rolled his eyes. "If it's James I'm gonna kill him, he should have his key." Brad said and I giggled. "Maybe he does have his key but he is just making sure that he doesn't walk in on us at an awkward moment." I explained and Brad winked at me which made me smile. "BRAD!" We heard someone call from the other side of the door. "It's James." Brad commented as I rolled off of his stomach and I watched as he walked over to the door, he looks so hot...

Brad opened the door and James rolled his eyes. "Finally! I just wanted to grab my jacket because I'm going out with Rachel." James explained as he walked past Brad. "Why don't you have your key?" Brad asked as he shut the door behind him and walked back into the room. "Oh, hi Hayley." James commented to avoid the question Brad asked as he saw me laying on the bed, luckily I'm still fully clothed. "Hi." I replied and gave him a small smile. "I understand why you took so long to answer the door now..." James mumbled as he opened his wardrobe and Brad rolled his eyes before sitting on the edge of the bed. "We weren't doing anything, we just had a nap." Brad explained as James slipped his jacket on and grabbed his door key. "Mhm." James mumbled and wiggled his eyebrows at me, I giggled a little and sat upright on the bed. "Next time bring your key, I was comfy." Brad said and James rolled his eyes. "Goodbye Bradley." James said and turned around. "Bye Haybug." James chimed as he closed the door behind him, I'm not sure if that nickname is cute or weird.

Brad laid back on the bed so his legs were hanging over the edge and I kissed the top of his head. "I was comfy." Brad complained and pulled a face that looked like a 5 year old who didn't get any sweets from the shop, I giggled at his reaction as he shuffled over so his head was on the pillow and his legs were back on the bed. "Come here?" Brad asked as he patted the space next to him and I laid back down, I rested my head on his shoulder and kissed his cheek. "I'm not gonna lie, you look really hot." I explained and Brad smiled. "So do you baby." Brad replied and my stomach erupted with butterflies, I love it when he calls me baby. "Did you have a nice nap?" He asked and I nodded. "You?" I replied and he nodded. "I wanna wake up to your beautiful face more often." He explained and I blushed a little at the comment before he kissed the top of my head. "Maybe that can be arranged?" I asked and he nodded. "Not sure how happy James and Rachel will be if we start sleeping in each other's beds." I commented and Brad shrugged his shoulders. "Won't be long before they will be doing the same thing." Brad replied. "I guess." I said and he smiled at me.

"So, did you find anything interesting on my phone?" He asked and winked which made me smile. "Nope, just that you follow a lot of dog pages on Instagram." I explained and he nodded. "I love dogs." He replied and I smiled. "I know you do, you have one!" I replied and he nodded. "I miss Jesse." He mumbled and I placed my hand on his chest. "She misses you too." I explained and he nodded. "My parents said you are more than welcome to come round whenever you want." Brad explained. "Thank you, but I have to look after my sister." I replied and he nodded. "I know, it wouldn't be so difficult if she wasn't there." Brad said. "I know, but I love her and I would never want to get rid of her." I explained and Brad nodded. "I just wish she was a bit older so you didn't have to be there all the time." Brad replied and I sighed. "Well it is what it is." I commented and then the room went silent for a while. "I could ask my parents if she could move in with us?" Brad asked. "But then she would have to move schools and I don't think mum would allow her to go." I replied. "I think your mum is too busy to care, if she gets looked after better with my parents then social services will approve as well." Brad replied and I sighed. "I wish it was that easy, she would have to move schools and make new friends and get used to the new house and I don't think she would like being away from mum." I commented. "She's young so she will make new friends quickly and she hardly sees her mum anyway, you're more like a mum to her than her actual mum." Brad replied and I looked down. "I guess." I mumbled. "It's up to you, but I can always ask my parents and I'm sure they would be more than happy to have you and her stay." Brad explained and I nodded. "I will think about it." I replied.

"I certainly wouldn't mind you staying with us." Brad said and winked, in return I playfully hit him on the chest and Brad began to tickle me. "No! No!... Brad stop!... I can't... Breath...." I said between breaths of laughter and Brad giggled as he continued to tickle my stomach. "Brad! Stop!..." I laughed and he eventually stopped before I started to get my breath back. "You're ticklish?" He asked. "You think?!" I replied and he laughed. "You're cute." He replied and I smiled before he pecked me on the lips.